rkitchenaid dishwashers kuds301ixbl and kuds10fxss

lawlopezAugust 9, 2012

We are deciding whether to get the Miele G4205SCBlack ($1000) or perhaps a domestically manufactured dishwasher, say a kitchen aid ($675).

The nearest Miele factory repair is 40 miles away in a different state.

The nearest Miele trained repair is 25 miles away.

My wife picked 2 kitchen aid kitchenaid dishwashers (to compare with) and we are wondering what people thought of them.

The best site I have found for reviews is the Lowes web site where they are 3 and 3.5 stars (for the kitchen aid dishwashers):

KUDS30iXBL 675$

54 reviews

3 stars

KUDC10FXSS 675$

31 reviews

3.5 stars

There seems to a lot of unhappy people out there.

Amazon's reviews are very bad and very few.

We have decided to buy the Miele but we want to do "do dilligence".

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gwbasic

I installed our KUDC10FXSS a few weeks ago. Reading all the DW comments here, I thought I was going to buy one of those fancy $1000+ units. When I saw this model at Best Buy (which also has lots of reviews) I was sufficiently impressed to do a little more research about it. Plus the fact the handles matched our new KA fridge exactly helped too.

We ended up buying it from a local mom & pop appliance retailer for $599 brand new.

Overall I'm very happy with it. My old DW was as loud as a freight train. This one is exceptionally quiet. You can hear the water trickle out to the drain some times, but so what. I like the clean SS look in front. It washes dishes fine, although we are still experimenting with the different settings. I found that adding the "high temperature scrub" option helps clean better. Like most modern DWs, it also takes a few hours to clean a load. But there is the "1 hour wash" feature that apparently washes old school style. Meaning it's not energy and water efficient.

I like that it has a simple yet large utensil basket. I'm use to just chucking them in there, and we didn't want to have to carefully place each one in a special slot, or against the door.

We have average water pressure, the water heater is set pretty hot, and the water is hard. We also do a very minor pre-rinse to the dishes, mostly out of habit as the old one required it. I have yet to try no pre-rinsing at all. Once, the dried pancake batter on a glass measuring cup did not come out clean.

For our needs, it's a great DW for the price we paid.

What features do you want/like/need in a DW?

Bookmark   August 9, 2012 at 12:43PM
More Discussions
Oven size vs cabinet size
In my search for a new oven I noticed that all have...
dickross
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
Jenn Air Counter Depth Refrigerator
Hi, We will probably be getting the Jenn Air counter...
C C
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™