Thanks and be aware of this phone call

marie_ndcalApril 8, 2013

I think it was on this forum about someone calling (from India) to say I had a virus in my computer. Because I had just run the anti spyware program, and another program and have AVAST as my virus protector, and THANK YOU, someone here has posted this information, I was able to say no my computer is NOT infected and I don't need to buy anything to put on the computer. He claimed that thru an international router system, it was showing my computer was infected. Hopefully no one will try anything. Again, thank you whoever posted that information
Marie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
owbist

Oh be sure they will try again Marie. You cannot be so lucky as to only get one phone call. They even tell me the town I live in these days.

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 9:11PM
sushipup1

OK, the real question is why stay on the phone long enough to have a time-wasting conversation with these creeps?

I might have gotten a call, but I'll never know because I hang up the second I know it's not a real call. Remember, if you should hang up on a real call, that person will call back.

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 9:30PM
marie_ndcal

This was a real person, and the reason I stayed on a bit longer, was I thought he was from the program I was having trouble with and had been on a chat room directly and they said they might set up a phone call. Other than that, yes, I would just hang up. My friend got a virus so I do have to watch everything right now. I really wasn't on very long.

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 10:54PM
DA_Mccoy

Bottom line is don't answer unknown callers without cause. The link below will provide you with a nuisance search engine, share with you all you want to know about these annoyances, and a continuing log of complaints.

I use this site to research numbers I don't answer to avoid the possibility of missing a true call.

DA

Here is a link that might be useful: 800Notes

Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 7:56AM
genes

Those phone calls have been happening for a loooooooooooooong time

Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 7:09PM
ilmbg

I had a call that showed up from"the United States" it als had way too many numbers..Did not answer!

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 11:39PM
genes

If i see a 1-800 number or a 1-888 number on call display, i either ignore it or lift thr reciever up and immediately replace it on the cradle

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 5:58AM
owbist

The only fear when ignoring a call is in the fact it may be genuine. Just last week my bank called questioning a couple of transactions they thought were out of place, had I not answered those transactions would have remained blocked.

Just a thought offering the other aspect of these nuisance calls.

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 6:23AM
jane__ny

Thanks, Da. I just bookmarked it.

Jane

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 11:29PM
More Discussions
Hmmmm...can't "scroll" thru sites anymore on laptop?!?!!?
WTH?!?! My Del Inspiron laptop has decided that it...
Faron79
which tablet
Shopping for a friend's 11yr old GD who wants a 10"...
abreeze
need help again regarding free office program
I asked for help in this area recently and never was...
Lea Grabb
My computer just got infected - what to do ASAP
I clicked on a website that I was familiar with but...
debo_2006
how do I bypass my login?
I recently took my HP laptop to Data Doctors and it...
cornsnake_lover
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™