adobe acrobat

salbwilApril 4, 2013

Hi,'
I uninstalled this from my computer a few months ago and now am wondering if I need it and updated adobe reader for PDF files and other applications. Is it safe to have these and where should they be downloaded from ?
Thank you,
salbwil

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mikie_gw

Just adobe reader is all most need. Actually you save lots of bytes and updating if you simply use Firefox for viewing pdf files.

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 6:25PM
grandms

Chrome browser also has a pdf viewer. I also downloaded and use Foxit Reader instead of Adobe Reader. Much lighter program, and none of the problems that Adobe has had. Foxit Reader is not related of Firefox browser.

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 10:21PM
salbwil

Have had no problems reading files , just sending, but comforting to know Firefox will let me view PDF.
Thank you !

Bookmark   April 5, 2013 at 11:52AM
juneroses Z9a Cntrl Fl

Surprise. I didn't know pdf's could be viewed and printed using just FF. Thanks for the info Mikie. I subscribe to an online publication that updates weekly in pdf. I disabled PDF Viewer and gave it a test. Had no problem reading and printing info using just the FF viewer.

As I'm sure others have found, it's worthwhile to read the threads even if they don't seem relevant to our situation. There's always something to be learned that we didn't even think to ask about.

Bookmark   April 6, 2013 at 4:09PM
More Discussions
Change color of blinking cursor
When I am editing something I have just written and...
mudlady_gw
System Restore on new windows 7 need password?
I just bought an Acer windows 7 tower and when I wanted...
urlee
What a mess!
My user name on this forum is/was Tosh has been for...
oldschool
Changing HOUZZ page appearance
I use Chrome browser and have an extension called Change...
jean_mi_z5
GW/Houzz page rendering on my browser
Weird question about GW/Houzz, over the last six months,...
dbarron
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™