Water in filter of Bosch DW, and 60min cycle question

jellybenAugust 15, 2014

Hi all, just had our new Bosch installed on Wednesday. I've noticed after running it there is an inch or so of water left in the filter. Is this normal? I suspect it is because it isn't mentioned in the troubleshooting guide, but wanted to check it out here.

Also, does anyone use the 60min speed cycle for regular washing? The first time we used the normal setting which takes 2h15m. Last night I used the 60min cycle and it seemed to clean just as well! (Maybe because I rinse the dishes too much before loading?) Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hvtech42

Stop prerinsing. It isn't good for the dishwasher, your dishes, or your water usage. Let the DW do its job or hand wash. Just scrape off excessive soil and then load. Try the 60 min cycle WITHOUT pre rinsing and see how it does. If you're happy with the performance... no reason to stop using it!

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 10:09AM
jellyben

Ok, I will just have to ignore the voice of my mom in my head reminding me to rinse the dishes!
And feedback on the water in the filter? Thanks

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 11:31AM
dadoes

ALL dishwashers (and washing machines) leave some residual water in the pump/filter/bottom-of-the-tub area. It's not possible to pump out 100%. Whether and how much of it the consumer sees it depends on the design of the machine involved.

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 12:07PM
LAVAdesign

My Bosch dishwasher (about 1 year old) has a small amount of water in the bottom of the filter which I can only see by removing the filter unit and sticking my head into the dishwasher.

No, I do not often stick my head into my dishwasher, but I found out that not rinsing the dishes before loading for several months can lead to a blockage and error message in the middle of the cycle (e24, in my case) and I had to bail out the water with a sponge, clean out the filter and check the pump for blockage. I still don't rinse the dishes but I remove the filter unit once or twice a week to rinse it off and this seems to keep the machine happy. Enjoy your dishwasher, I LOVE mine and don't consider cleaning out the filter a big deal.

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 12:15PM
sjhockeyfan325

I still don't rinse the dishes but I remove the filter unit once or twice a week to rinse it off and this seems to keep the machine happy

Its weird that you have to do that. I've had a Bosch dishwasher in use for 8 months now. We scrape but don't rinse (much). I took the filter out for the first time the other day and there was nothing in it!

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 12:43PM
jellyben

Thanks for the feedback. LAVAdesign my DH came up to me last night and asked why my head was in the dishwasher! Just like to know that everything is running as it should be!

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 3:48PM
xedos

Water in the filter area of European dishwashers is normal.

That area is called the sump, and it's intended to have water in it so you don't get air lock when the pump spools up.

Think about it like your car's oil pan. That's where the stuff goes til it's ready to be pumped.

Bookmark   August 16, 2014 at 10:35AM
More Discussions
smallest microwave (width) ever ? Please advise
I'm looking for the smallest microwave in terms of...
Pippin
Dishwasher with cutlery tray and heated dry?
I seem to be coming up fairly empty handed with these...
tigger9759
Help installing power cord to 48inch dual wolf range
I'm trying to install the power cord, not sure how...
rubyrashel
Wall oven caution - IKEA/Nutid/Datid/Whirlpool
This post is meant to steer people away from IKEA Nutid,...
detroit_burb
Does Wolf M-Series Double Oven come with Temperature Probe?
If yes, great. If not, does anyone know how much the...
wcutiew
Sponsored Products
Dual Chip LED Variable Color Temperature LED Flexible Light Strip - NFLS-DW600-V
Super Bright LEDs
Kenroy Home Lamps Andover 29 in. Driftwood Table Lamp 32098DW
$87.25 | Home Depot
Cast Away Driftwood Table Lamp
$129.60 | Bellacor
Stone 96 x 100-Inch Double Wide Blackout Curtain Single Panel
$75.95 | Bellacor
Wood Table Lamp: Brookfield 31 in. Driftwood Table Lamp 32115DW
Home Depot
Quoizel Downtown DW2817C 3 Light Pendant - DW2817C
$339.99 | Hayneedle
DW 3528 LED Strip Light 60/m 8mm wide Foot