How to get rid of brass on sliding glass doors around tub

maisoui1September 21, 2012

Our downstairs guest bath (really just used as a powder room) had a tub with the brass framed sliding shower door. I want to get rid of the brass in that bathroom and maybe go with a brushed nickel. Is there a way of maybe spray painting the brass frame instead of me having to remove the sliding door. We've been in this house 2 hrs and no one has ever taken a bath there. Don't want to remove the tub. In future years my study which is right beside the bathroom could be converted to a bedroom. I am just looking for a way of getting rid of the brass. Don't want to take it down and put a shower curtain. I want more of a powder room feel to the room.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

It can be painted as brass shower enclosures are normally a painted or powder coated finish and possibly brass plated (which I do not know if it will accept any paint well). To make the finish look decent the entire enclosure should be taken down and the metal properly prepared for paint before painting. If your looking to do this yourself and use spray paint the finish will never really truly resemble brushed nickel.

Bookmark   September 21, 2012 at 8:53AM
More Discussions
New Kohler Levity glass shower doors...
Has anyone installed these yet? It's a higher end look...
blondelle
Stop Frameless Shower from Slamming Shut?
Just completed a renovation of our master suite and...
ntrainer
Need advice on shower valve location!!!
We are considering a fixed wall or glass divider for...
aboutdabass
Conflicting Contractors: how to anchor a shower niche shelf
Dear Bathroom Wizards, We put an 18-inch wide, extra-tall...
hobobrian
help choosing modern recessed lighting.
Oh my goodness this seems to be the hardest part of...
Edie Nicosia
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™