Architect's plan from our inspiration plan, your ideas and opinio
We posted last week about a plan our architect engineer had given us from a plan of a display we walked thru. We were not happy with it and GW gave us feedback that we took back to him.
It is currently me, my husband and our college student daughter. We do like to entertain and often have overnight guests. We think the guest suite will be nice for guests but we may eventually have a elderly parent living with us. Plus we will be creating living space in the basement that will have 9ft ceilings at a later date.
1. We are building on a small budget :( so want the square footage under 2300sf. We did not give any specific room sizes that we needed.
2. A guest suite for a live-in parent
3. We will be building on 4 acres, heavily wooded, sloping, lot that is on a lake cove, so we want a lot of windows to bring the outdoors in and the house can not be too wide on the right side because of the slope
4. Want a side entry 3 car garage set up so we can have space for two SUV's and one boat, plus extra room for a work space
5. Want a walk-out basement that we will finish off ourselves later that will have two bedrooms, bath, recreation room
6. A office that could be used as a extra bedroom
7. We want the master bedroom space were the bed will be to be simple and clutter free so asked for a large closet space with build-in to hold our clothing items.
Concerns about this 2142 sq ft new plan that I can see, I really want to hear all the good and bad. :
1) Laundry room too small
2) No drop zone
3) Kitchen and kitchen pantry too small
4) Is the master closet too big? I have know idea how big it should be to hold all our clothes and things
5) Is the hole for the stairs too big
6) Worried we have simplified the foundation so much we will loose all character. Hoping to be able to add gables, interior ceiling features to boost up the character.
7) Master shower too little
Here is the new plan offered to us from the architect:
Here was the inspiration plans and exteriors offered buy the builder of the display:
And another similar plan:
This post was edited by KayakCove on Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 8:14