Do you love your refrigerator?

utherAugust 8, 2013

I'm shopping for a new fridge and was hoping to hear from someone who is really happy with their purchase.

My criteria are:

Cabinet depth
French doors, freezer on bottom
Price point around $2k
We are a family of 4
Dimensions are flexible because we are building

Please let me know if you have a suggestion for me! Thanks so much

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
willtv

We've had a Samsung CD/FD since October 2010.
Love it!

Bookmark   August 8, 2013 at 8:58AM
dks35

got kitchenaid KFCS22evms last year (Dec'12). no problems so far. very functional. SS needs cleaning but newer models apparently have this coating that is resistant to fingerprints.

Bookmark   August 8, 2013 at 2:44PM
a2gemini

I love my elux - might be a little high for your budget - but the glides are so nice and the LED lights are so fun.

Bookmark   August 8, 2013 at 10:50PM
uther

Thank you all very much, those are some of the brands I have been seriously considering.

Bookmark   August 9, 2013 at 7:48AM
a2gemini

uther - I was not planning on spending as much for my fridge but the money that I saved over the past 3-4 years has made up the difference in cost.
When my DD passed away - I left in a hurry - I didn't clean out the fridge - I returned 2+ weeks later dreading what I would find.
Surprise - the milk was still good. The lettuce was still good, etc.
I love the glides on the drawers and the freezer has its own temp control - ice cream stays frozen solid!!
The model that I have - has the perfect temp drawer - I can stick ice cream from the freezer in it during dinner and have it at serving temp after dinner - plus more!
The key features that I wanted - I wanted the FD but wanted to make sure the model had a "flapper" vs a gasket closure.
I also took my large trays to the store and the Elux (and probably its mates) were the only ones that fit my trays..
I got mine on "sale" - it was a cash back reward credit card and actually upgraded to the next model because of the sale (the one with the LED lights - I smile everytime I open the fridge)

So, I figure that less lost food over the 4 years was worth the investment up front.

Have fun shopping - Labor day is always a good sale time - mine was over the 4th years ago.

Bookmark   August 10, 2013 at 2:12PM
More Discussions
Jenn Air Counter Depth Refrigerator
Hi, We will probably be getting the Jenn Air counter...
C C
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
How do you get deals on high-end appliances?
I'm pretty certain that I know what I want for my appliances....
carecooks
Anyone have one of the new Viking Dishwashers?
They have rebuilt them from the ground up this year....
mkiv808
Zephyr Hurricane vs Broan QP430SS
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice or stories...
brewcat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™