Seeking Bosch Benchmark Feedback

nadianycAugust 19, 2014

I know there have been a few posts regarding the new Bosch Benchmark line but I thought I'd see if there are any new real-world use and opinions of the Benchmark line0036 gas cooktop, dishwasher and side swing double ovens. Have to put an appliance order in within a few months and highly considering going all Benchmark (except for the fridge, I think that will be either Thermador or Sub-Zero)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Juno_barks

Our side-swing single oven is on order, and should arrive in the next couple weeks. I have finally seen these ovens in the showroom, and I was impressed by their look and their feel. I will certainly report in once I have it up and running!

Bookmark   August 19, 2014 at 12:45PM
nadianyc

Thanks Juno! Can't wait to hear about the side-swing oven. Good to hear your initial impressions were positive.

Bookmark   August 20, 2014 at 5:33AM
Juno_barks

I'm as anxious about it as you! I waited 3 month to actually see the ovens before ordering them. A bit nervous - there has been quite a bit of criticism of their speed oven, which I also ordered, and so I'm wondering if I made a mistake (got the speed oven instead of a microwave). Hopefully I will learn how to use it and that I will find it as great a tool as other brands of speed ovens. Time will tell.

Bookmark   August 20, 2014 at 8:09PM
nadianyc

I'm leaning towards 2 convection ovens (side-swing) as much as I'd like to do a steam or speed oven, I'm sticking with a conventional convection. The microwave will be house in a garage port type area in the cabinetry so I'm just going with a generic micro.

Bookmark   August 21, 2014 at 7:03AM
nadianyc

Just saw a pic of the Kitchen Aid Architect 2 Series 30 convection double oven and now that's being thrown into the mix. It comes in a very nice modern white and is about $1,500 less than the Bosch with alot of the same features and gets very good reviews. So now between that and the Bosch Benchmark.

Bookmark   August 21, 2014 at 9:46AM
sjhockeyfan325

I suggest you try to find specific reviews of the function of the convection in both ovens. I had a Kitchenaid in my previous home (put in about 8 years ago) and the convection was lousy -- I still had to turn sheets of cookies around and switch shelves during cooking if I wanted to prevent uneven cooking. In my current oven (Fagor), I don't have to do that, so I know its possible to get it right!

Bookmark   August 21, 2014 at 11:23AM
hvtech42

"I had a Kitchenaid in my previous home (put in about 8 years ago) and the convection was lousy -- I still had to turn sheets of cookies around and switch shelves during cooking if I wanted to prevent uneven cooking"

I have no problems with my KitchenAid of that age. In fact I think it does slightly better than the often praised Electrolux oven in my range. Was it a 27"? Those can be prone to blocked airflow with large cookie sheets.

Having said that, the new KA wall ovens do not let you turn off the convection fan - I would consider that before buying.

This post was edited by hvtech42 on Thu, Aug 21, 14 at 16:49

Bookmark   August 21, 2014 at 4:05PM
nadianyc

Good to know about the convection not being able to be turned off.

Bookmark   August 25, 2014 at 8:09AM
AGK2003

any additional feedback on the benchmark? considering this over the miele oven (the non-masterchef model) due to lower price and side swing door.

Bookmark   September 17, 2014 at 9:15AM
Juno_barks

My oven is in my living room, waiting for us to modify the oven cabinet (to install the infamous 3-inch broom closet) before we can install. My DH has learned from all the contractors -- two week (which means some indefinable time in the future).
I WILL let you all know when I know something, promise!

Bookmark   September 17, 2014 at 10:31AM
Thai Nguyen

Juno_barks, can u tell me hows ur speed oven doing, because im about to buy 2, thank you

Bookmark   on Monday at 6:33PM
More Discussions
24" refrigerator. Liebherr, Fagor, LG, etc?
We live in Boston. We are in the market for 24"....
ttkogi
Oven size vs cabinet size
In my search for a new oven I noticed that all have...
dickross
How do you get deals on high-end appliances?
I'm pretty certain that I know what I want for my appliances....
carecooks
Zephyr Hurricane vs Broan QP430SS
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice or stories...
brewcat
Jenn Air Counter Depth Refrigerator
Hi, We will probably be getting the Jenn Air counter...
C C
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™