Just Had A Trojan Attack!

love2sewApril 24, 2011

I did my taxes via UFile.net last night and today when I went online I got an alert of a Trojan attack. McAffee immediately came on and told me to shut down while they fixed. I also have McAffee Security Plan Plus. Now when I check my system it is all okay.

I know Trojans can steal stuff so do I need to do anything else like my Visa, bank account, ect.

You speak of Malware scans software, is this in McAffee or do I need this protection as well.

As always, thanks for your expertise.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

you need to install the free malwarebytes update it and run a full scan to make sure nothing is there that McAfee left.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (Win) - Detecting and Removing Malware

I would also do a free superantispyware, these are programs you should have on the pc anyway, update them and run scans with them every few weeks.
SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition

report back to let us know what was found.

Bookmark   April 24, 2011 at 3:56PM
love2sew

The Malwarebytes Anti Malware detected 4 items. Trojan.Agent, Adware.MyWeb, Adware.FunWeb,Trojan.Fakealert.

The SuperAnti Spyware scan detected O items.

Thanks for your help and I feel confident my system is clean.

Bookmark   April 24, 2011 at 9:21PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

no not so fast if malwarebytes found those you need to go to another help forum I will provide a link for, register there and tell them exactly what you let us know here, they will assist you to run some more in depth detailed scans that will get the rest of those infections out, believe me they leave stuff behind that has to be removed with these programs.

Analysis and Malware Removal

register, post at that location a new thread, and you will be assisted, if you have any problems let me know I am over there too.

Bookmark   April 25, 2011 at 1:07AM
zep516

Not so fast is right, you just did your taxes and disclosed a ton of of personal information on the forms, just the type of the data a bad guy would want. Problem with Trojans is they often carry additional payloads of malware that can and do go undetected. I would follow ravencajun advice and have more in depth scans run at the link provided.

Bookmark   April 25, 2011 at 8:41AM
love2sew

I am on my way. Thanks
Jeane

Bookmark   April 25, 2011 at 12:11PM
love2sew

I am over at Lanzdown and posted a new message but can't send it because I don't have a registered user name to send it to.
Can someone help me.

Bookmark   April 26, 2011 at 7:03PM
bob414

When you first get there you need to click on register -it's at the top after it says 'welcome guest' - and create a new account. It sounds like you haven't done that.

Bookmark   April 26, 2011 at 7:25PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

ok I see your post over there where I told you to post, so apparently you did register and got your name set up, I am not understanding what problem you are having now?
To post your log of your scans just copy and paste them into the reply box on your current thread there and submit it.

Bookmark   April 26, 2011 at 8:34PM
More Discussions
Hmmmm...can't "scroll" thru sites anymore on laptop?!?!!?
WTH?!?! My Del Inspiron laptop has decided that it...
Faron79
Someone have a link for free Chrome browser?
I have been having troubles downloading files from...
shaddy101
Win 8 network settings
I need to export my network settings to a flash drive...
carolssis
My computer just got infected - what to do ASAP
I clicked on a website that I was familiar with but...
debo_2006
Video playing automatically
I have Flash disabled yet still get videos playing,...
davestexas
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™