Is Crossville Savoy Hexagon of decent quality for bathroom floors

threeapplesAugust 13, 2012

I'm thinking of using this on the floor in my children's bathroom, but read that they are for light horizontal use. Does a jack-and-jill bathroom floor fit into that category? It doesn't seem to to me, but I can't find another hex in the 4" size that is easily available.

Also, if I do a hex in this size should I have a border?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lascatx

I have Crossville Savoy in my kitchen, but on the backsplash. It seems very durable, but mine is a high gloss finish. I imagine it would be very slick when wet, so I would be careful to have a rug or mat by the tub.
Or does it come in a matte finish too?

I would think a child's bath is fairly light traffic. My kid's bathrooms are on the second floor, probably rarely see shoes and would have minimal dirt tracked that far from outside anyway. I think you'd be okay as far as traffic level.

Bookmark   August 14, 2012 at 11:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ILoveRed

I have this tile in my master bath in matte. Funny, I just answered your other post.

This is a very thick, high quality tile. I love it and how it looks in my bathroom. My bathroom is not small and I preferred to skip the border like they show in the brochure.

Just a heads up...this is a hand made tile and you will have larger grout lines and some grout lines will be larger than others.

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 12:03AM
More Discussions
Did anyone buy a Venetian dual system tub from Costco?
I just came across this tub, looks good on paper. It...
abekker
Small bathroom from scratch - layout help needed
http://www.homestyler.com/designprofile/b86dc96a-7c58-42f3-8ba3-408b7c9610f2...
peace_rose
Bathtub width - Kohler Archer?
I am looking for a bathtub that has a deeper soak (my...
lineterry
Family of 5 - only 1 1/2 bathrooms. What would you do?
We are an active family of 5 and our bathroom situtation...
rebeccamomof123
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™