How Far Should Faucet Go Into Sink

dancingqueengwAugust 9, 2012

Still working on the master bath remodel. Am now working on sinks and faucets. One for dressing room, one for bathroom and one for tub deck. For the bath the sink I like has a 15 x 15 interior (undercount) with the full edge being 17 11/16th. The faucet I like is only 5 and 1/4 inches in reach. I made one to scale from tin foil and it just seems too short but I am having difficulty finding a longer spout that is less than 9 inches high.

Is there a general guideline? The drain is in the center of the sink so no concern about hitting that with the water. TIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
EngineerChic

We used Kohler Bancroft widespread faucet in out bathroom sinks and it looked HUGE when I took it out of the box. But, it fit great on the sink itself. And its just under 5" from center of base to center of spout.

This will somewhat depend on where the holes are drilled for your sink. And don't forget the water doesn't usually flow straight down but angles toward the user. In my case I took the faucet to the granite showroom and plopped it into their set up to be sure I liked it (very helpful).

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 6:21AM
williamsem

I almost went with the set EngineerChic used, partly because the faucet was a good size, and partly because I wanted the shower hardware for that series. Then when the shower stuff didn't work, I ended up with Price Pfister Pasadena sink and shower trim. It's about 6x6 and is very comfortable to use to wash your hands. I HATE the sinks where the faucet is so close you can't move your hands.

While our yet-to-be-remodeled half bath has about a 5.5 in projection out over the sink, it has very little height so it is not as functional for me.

If you are really interested, I can post a pic with the water on this weekend.

Pasadena wideset:

Bookmark   August 10, 2012 at 3:08PM
dancingqueengw

Thanks for the info. I am also concerned about the faucet being too short in l length into the sink but I also do not have space for a lot of height..thank you for your suggestions. I will take at look at that faucet.

Bookmark   August 11, 2012 at 8:03PM
dancingqueengw

Thanks for the info. I am also concerned about the faucet being too short in l length into the sink but I also do not have space for a lot of height..thank you for your suggestions. I will take at look at that faucet.

Bookmark   August 11, 2012 at 8:07PM
More Discussions
Final Decisions - Lighting and Countertop - "Spa-Like" or "Dreary"?
We have been in the middle of a very long & drawn-out...
AHMIowa_NJ
Finishing touches – Towel Ring location, need opinions
Hello. My bathroom is starting to come together and...
mrsshayne
Tile vs Granite on Face of Shower Bench?
I'm nearing completion on the remodel of my guest bathroom....
swguru
amerec vs mr steam vs thermasol steam shower
Trying to choose a steam shower for a 4 x 5 shower...
panchoandlefty
My afterthought bathroom REVEAL
I was doing a major remodel on a guest bathroom and...
shappy22
Sponsored Products
Fresca Torino 36 Light Oak Modern Bathroom Vanity w/ Vessel Sink
Hudson Reed
Kraus C-GV-103-14-12mm-10 Clear Brown Glass Vessel Sink and Waterfall Faucet - C
$239.95 | Hayneedle
Hand-Painted Glass Vessel Sink
MR Direct Sinks and Faucets
Quantum Stainless Steel 33-Light Silver Teak Swarovski Elements Pendant Light, 3
Bellacor
Himalaya White Bolster 6x14 5oz Pillow
$151.00 | Bellacor
International Caravan Windsor Hand-carved Kidney-shaped Vanity Desk with Mirror
Overstock.com
Ava Rug 8' x 10' - SKY
$6,429.00 | Horchow
Susi 3 Garlic Press
$13.99 | zulily
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™