Question for Mongoct re Hansgrohe shower fixture

jerzeegirlAugust 9, 2014

I see that you know a lot about Hansgrohe and wonder if you can help me out. I am planning to buy the Thermostatic value with diverter and along with it the IBox Universal that is required. They also suggest I buy the iBox extension kit. Do you know if it is often that one needs the extension kit? I don't really want to buy it unless I really have to, but how would I know?.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

It's a 1" extension plate that is used if the wall layers are too thick, or if the iBox set too deep and it can't be pulled forward, for whatever reason.

I've used it when the walls are floated mud, a couple of inches thick.

In a typical installation with 1/2" tile backer board and 1/4" tile on the walls, you shouldn't need one.

If you do need one? Shop around. It's usually listed for almost $60 but you can source it for $25-$30.

    Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 1:17AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks, mongo! I think I will skip it buying it. My walls will be replaced with standard Durock and then kerdi. Sounds like I won't need it. If I eventually end up needing it, I am sure the plumber can scare one up.

    Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 8:54AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Classic looking offset vanity top?
I'm planning out a bathroom remodel for a 1920s Craftsman...
Anyone installed a Geberit in wall tank?
DH is getting ready to do the install in a 2 x 4 wall,...
Kohler Elevance Tub - for disabled - gorgeous
Pretty new product from Kohler. anyone who is looking...
Cultured Marble vs onyx collection vs solid surface shower pan
1st off, I am a long time lurker in these forums and...
Help me finish designing bathroom
Need a little help and to ask if you think I'm heading...
Sponsored Products
Quoizel Harmony HY8407IB Outdoor Wall Lantern - HY8407IB
$159.99 | Hayneedle
Cerno | Levo LED Bedside Sconce and Reading Light
$450.00 | YLighting
Crane Toilet Bowls Economiser Big Foot Elongated Toilet Bowl Only in White
Home Depot
Francoise Nickel One-Light Bath Fixture
$105.00 | Bellacor
NULS-8 13-1/2" 8W Ultra Slim T5 Fluorescent Under Cabinet
LBC Lighting
fluid Emperor Pressure Balancing Shower Set w/ Handheld Trim Package
Modern Bathroom
Olde Bronze Semi Flush 2-Light
Vessel Sinks Frosted Green Glass Mini Branch Textured Sink Round | 12891
The Renovator's Supply, Inc.
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™