Laticrete Hydro-Ban Presloped Shower Pan

linda2007August 24, 2012

Has anyone used the Laticrete Hydro-Ban Presloped Shower Pan. If you have used one, are you happy with the results? Please let me know. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bill_vincent

The whole system is excellent. It's basically the same thing as the Kerdi system, with one important difference-- no seams or overlap in the membrane (meaning no build up in layers of membrane at corners, or chance for leakage at the seams). It's no secret that I'm a huge advocate for Laticrete, but it's for a reason. Their products are top notch.

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 9:04AM
linda2007

Thanks Bill for thumbs up. I read a lot about the Kerdi system here, but nothing on Laticrete hydro ban presloped showers pans, niches or the seats. It makes me feel a lot better knowing someone like you thinks the system is excellent, because we had already decided to go with it.

Bookmark   August 26, 2012 at 10:36PM
bill_vincent

It makes me feel a lot better knowing someone like you thinks the system is excellent

Let me put it this way-- with one exception, every shower I've installed in the last two years has been installed with the Hydroban system. The biggest plus is that if I use the proper Laticrete materials, I can offer my customers a 25 year MANUFACTURER BACKED warranty. What that means is that even though I'm (about to turn) 55, if that shower fails 20 years from now, Laticrete will back the shower system, even if they have to get someone else in there to fix it. That's how good this system is. One other thing to remember-- I've been using their products literally for decades. In that time, I've had occasion to need them to stand behind thir products. No questions asked, once it was determined that it was the product. Labor to demo, labor and materials (inclluding tile) to re-install-- all covered. That's why I stand behind these people. ALL companies have problems from time to time. No one's perfect. But I've never, from any other company, had the kind of customer service I get from them. I have no doubt they'd really stand behind this if it were needed.

Bookmark   August 27, 2012 at 10:38PM
More Discussions
What do you think about jets and rain shower?
Any body going with or have them already in their shower? DH...
houserookie
Final Decisions - Lighting and Countertop - "Spa-Like" or "Dreary"?
We have been in the middle of a very long & drawn-out...
AHMIowa_NJ
Classic looking offset vanity top?
I'm planning out a bathroom remodel for a 1920s Craftsman...
resseger
Tere-stone anyone?
Does anyone have any experience with Tere-stone as...
coffeehaus
shower pan worries. Is any of his method correct?
Unsure about my plumber's method. Could I get some...
mmaggied
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™