Picking a fridge

fung_jeffJuly 1, 2013

I know this may be a very broad question. I really like the look of Fisher and Paykel fridges, but they seem a little small so I was wondering if there are any fridges that look similar, and have a price at around $2000, preferably lower. Also should be reliable of course haha

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bicyclegirl1

Hi fung jeff, I just posted a message asking for opinions on refrigerators. I, too, have been thinking about Fisher & Paykel, but don't know much about reliability. I love the look of them also, but not sure what their track record is like. I'll keep an eye on your post to see what you get & I'll get back w/ you if I get any info.

Good luck,
Susan

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 11:41PM
bicyclegirl1

Fung jeff,

Just curious if you've found anything on the F&P refrigerators. Obviously not on here since I was the only one to respond! But, have you heard anything else from any other sites or anyone that has one? I love the look of this fridge & it fits great in my space & the price is right. But, the price could be very wrong if there are many problems w/ it in the future. I read somewhere that Haier (?) bought F&P back in 2012. Prior to that, they were great refrigerators. But, I can't seem to find anything on them in the last year. I don't know what to do! I'd like to take advantage of some July 4th sales, but won't if I can't find any feedback.

I'd appreciate any information if you came across it. Also, if you decided on another one, which one & why?

Thank you,
Susan

Bookmark   July 3, 2013 at 10:36PM
jellytoast

Susan, you can try posting on the kitchen's forum ... tends to be more action over there.

Bookmark   July 3, 2013 at 11:34PM
DJ493

The wife and I have decided on the Samsung French Door RFG293SS. 29cu/ft looks great and Samsung has a good rep in thier frig's. Sits right at the $2000 price point.

Bookmark   July 3, 2013 at 11:37PM
rosiepi

I bought a Fisher s/s 3 years ago and I had to take apart the entire inside recently because of an electrical disaster that shut off our power while away for a month.
Yuck.
If anyone knows what to do to get that awful smell out I would appreciate a tip because I would hate to give this one up.
Anyways that isnt my point this is: it struck as I spent the entire day cleaning the damn thing that it is a perfect example of form matching function in an appliance. Everything glides on metal, not plastic extensions, and every single part of each component, be it drawer, beverage console or shelf,-whatever it can be taken apart and cleaned, every piece of glass within every shelf can be removed and cleaned.
There are 3 or 4 lights in the frig/2 in the freezer and I have only replaced 2.
My only regret has always been the stainless which shows every single finger mark and spot, but that seems to be universal across all brands.

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:23PM
More Discussions
Install Question for Subzero Undercounter UC24 BG/S Beverage Center
We're looking to install a Subzero UC24 BG/S Undercounter...
pbx2
Bertazzoni 36" Dual Fuel or other range in price point?
There have been a lot of discussion about the Bertazzoni...
Buttons
Capital Range Customer Service
Mostly people write on the internet forums, such as...
willinak
Cabinet front dishwashers
We are putting in two cabinet-front dishwashers in...
mwinfield
Why are my frozen bananas melting?
Not sure the right forum for this, but I freeze bananas...
weedyacres
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™