what do you call an integrated hood?

homeimprovementmomJuly 14, 2013

I know it sounds simple, but, when looking on line for just hoods I get websites for fancy hoods. We are integrating our vent/hood and so I am assuming that the fancy design features such as glass, stainless steel, brass trim, square, modern, traditional designs do not matter because it will not bee seen. Correct?
What am then looking for..what do you call a vent/hood that one integrates...what websites sell just the hood/vent without paying for the chic design?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

What you are looking for is a cabinet insert, you find them under the rangehood section.

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK

    Bookmark   July 14, 2013 at 11:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thank you!

    Bookmark   July 15, 2013 at 12:12AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

They are also referred to as hood liners, just to help broaden your search...

Here is a link that might be useful: hood liners

    Bookmark   July 15, 2013 at 4:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

But sometimes liners are to just the edge piece that comes in contact with the wood or other material of the hood.

In other words the liner. :)

    Bookmark   July 15, 2013 at 4:41PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Blue star French door ELECTRIC oven. Opinions?
looking at BS French door 30" ELECTRIC Anyone...
Difference between advantium and convection microwave
I had almost decided on the ge advantium (monogram)...
New Bluestar RCS model - Any Info? (RCS366BV2)
Most of the 36" RCS models are RCS36IRV1 right...
Blue star electric wall oven w/ French doors
I ordered my wall oven and 30" RNB range 8 weeks...
Debbi Branka
36" induction cooktop with bridge
So far we've only found two 36" induction glass-top...
Sponsored Products
Multicolored 9' Umbrella Paper String Lights
Cost Plus World Market
Classico Dark Rust Mini Pendant with Fire Red Glass
$94.00 | Bellacor
Geometric Twist Indoor/Outdoor Rug 2'3" x 4'6" - ORANGE
$59.00 | Horchow
Livex Lighting Wall Mounted Providence Wall-Mount 1-Light Outdoor Vintage Gold
Home Depot
SW 3528 LED Strip Light 60/m 4mm wide Foot
Symphony Five-Light Chandelier
$373.00 | Bellacor
Armen Living Modern Accent Chairs - Geometric Fabric - Set of 2 - LC7165CLBE
$359.00 | Hayneedle
Frisbi Suspension by Flos Lighting
$875.00 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™