Fisher Paykel Cool Drawer or Other Freezer Drawer

leiboJuly 14, 2010

I was considering purchasing a Fisher Paykel Cool Drawer and was wondering if anyone has purchased it and what your opinions are on it? It only came out in December and I haven't found any reviews. I would use it primarily as a freezer drawer in addition to a 36" fridge. I am also considering an undercounter Summit freezer, or the SubZero freezer drawers as that is all I have found (but would rather not spend that much). I also saw a Perlick on some posts and was wondering your experiences with it. I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
athensmomof3

I will be watching this as well. I am in the market because I am doing the 36" SZ too. I would prefer an ice maker in the freezer drawers because I would like to eliminate one appliance. Like you, I'd like a cheaper alternative than the SZ.

I remember hearing a while back the Summitt is loud.

Bookmark   July 15, 2010 at 8:37AM
leibo

Thanks for your response. I have read some reviews that summit is loud, although it might depend on the model. The commercial ones are loud, not sure about the residential ones. I have also read reviews on a different site about bad customer service. Would love to hear about a successful summit or other options.

Bookmark   July 15, 2010 at 9:26PM
athensmomof3

I googled the Cool Drawer and it looks like a fridge not freezer. Am I missing something? It is also very wide, versus the subzeros which are 27" if I remember right?

Are you doing a separate icemaker? I am trying to avoid that . . . .

Bookmark   July 16, 2010 at 12:06PM
lascatx

I have Perlick fridge drawers and would have no hesitation recommending any of the Perlick products. They were making commercial refrigeration before they went into residential, but they don't sound like commercial units.

Bookmark   July 16, 2010 at 7:33PM
michbone6

I think the Fisher & Paykel Cool Drawers can be set to either refrigerator or freezer. I would love to know if anyone has had experience with them.... i cannot find any reviews either.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 9:41AM
stovetop

I have been researching this as well. The fisher paykal drawer can be both. Either a freezer or a fridge. Unfortunately it doesn't have an icemaker. Which is something I rather wanted.

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 9:02AM
xedos

"Unfortunately it doesn't have an icemaker"

This should tell you all you need to know about this for use as a freezer.

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 3:51PM
More Discussions
What electric oven to get? speed oven, combo-steam, or regular?
If I am going to go with an all gas range, which would...
nismo99
Best customer service for wall ovens?
I posted this comment to an older thread lamenting...
Mrs. Porchman
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
Blue Star grill igniter--is it broken?
My Blue Star grill is becoming finicky when I try to...
nycbluedevil_gw
48" Wolf, Thermador or Bluestar...or something else?
Looking into purchasing a 48" range. Wolf: Classic....
wren21
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™