best dishwasher for under $500?

michoumonsterJuly 10, 2012

Hi all, I am looking for a dishwasher that is under $500. I would love to get your recommendations on what you think is the best bang for your buck. I found several models that fit my budget, but do not have any idea which are decent and which are to be avoided like the plague .. I do not have a lot of criteria, mainly that I would like stainless steel or panel ready, energy star.. water softener (is this possible? with my budget??). thanks for any recs!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
panzer1

I'm not sure about specific brands, but a lot of stores have damaged (cosmetic only) or clearing out of last years models for a significant discount. You just have to be willing to take the time to either call or go and look. If you aren't in a hurry, leave your name and number and keep shopping around, you'd be surprised at how many bargains are out there!

Bookmark   July 11, 2012 at 12:10AM
angiebangie

Sears outlet is a good place to look too.

Bookmark   July 11, 2012 at 9:56AM
michoumonster

hi panzer1 and angiebangie, thanks for the suggestions on how to get some deals on appliances. my area (SF bay area) is so competitive though. i have been visiting appliance stores in search of floor models and the like, but not had much luck so far with dishwashers.. even the floor models are around $500 for maytag or frigidaires, which seemed like the going rates for these brands online anyhow.. and the salesguys don't seem that interested in selling unless you want to buy a lot.. but not to say i won't keep trying! thanks

Bookmark   July 11, 2012 at 8:30PM
More Discussions
Viking open burner advice needed
I have a chance to buy a Viking open burner 36"...
jerseychick
Bluestar electric French door installed
It's installed. Electrical not hooked up yet (see the...
Debbi Branka
Fhiaba column refrigerator freezer anyone?
Has anyone seen these in person or have in their kitchen?...
Dietitian
Annoying
Stopped in the appliance store that our builder likes...
Mini Soda
Refrigerator - Fisher Paykel, Blomberg, Summit...?
I am looking for a counter-depth refrigerator no more...
virtualanne
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™