Central vacuum cleaners

CindyJLJuly 28, 2013

I need to replace my 20 year old Beam Central vacuum cleaner. Any advice on which brand and model to replace it with? My house is approx 6000 square feet and I have two shedding dogs and a cat. Thanks, any advice greatly appreciated!
Cindy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gwlolo

Try the HVAC forum. A lot of good advice there. We are doing a MD with hide a hose setup with a couple of vacpans.

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 1:54AM
Jean Bo

I have a VacuFlo it's been in for 12 years and still works great. My mom had a Vacuflo from 1977 and it was flawless for all those years and finally had to be replaced about 5 years ago with yep another VacuFlo. Great solid products.

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 10:42AM
ocscott3085

We have a Dirt Devil Pro Series 990 central vac. It has fantastic suction! The house is only one year old so I cannot comment on its longevity but it has performed flawlessly. We have 3 standard outlets on each level of the house to use with an electric hose and powerhead. In addition, we have a 40ft hide-a-hose installed on our main level which we use most of the time since there are predominantly wood floors on this level. I hope this helps.

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 6:13PM
gbsim1

I replaced an older unit (not Beam) with a Beam several years ago when Beam could still be bought directly by consumers. Now they're only being sold through dealers, but in our new home, I went with Beam again. We've been in for over six months now, I've been very happy with the choice.
It met all my requirements. I did a lot of web research and they came out at the top.

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 8:30PM
xedos

Why not just have the motor(s) replaced on the one you've got for a few hundred bucks ?

Bookmark   July 30, 2013 at 10:13PM
More Discussions
essentials you can't live without in your front load washing machine?
I am trying to purchase a new washing machine for our...
abick2
Coffee Machines
What is the best built in coffee machine for your buck?...
J Saleh
Need a second oven/micro combo for island installation/under counter
We are getting ready to remodel our kitchen and were...
ksdeclue
Finish Detergent
Has anyone tried the new Finish Quantum Max 12X pacs?...
sparky823
capital precision mcr304 vs. wolf gr304?
Anyone have thoughts on these two? Also looked at GE...
mweyandt
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™