Central vacuum cleaners

CindyJLJuly 28, 2013

I need to replace my 20 year old Beam Central vacuum cleaner. Any advice on which brand and model to replace it with? My house is approx 6000 square feet and I have two shedding dogs and a cat. Thanks, any advice greatly appreciated!
Cindy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GWlolo

Try the HVAC forum. A lot of good advice there. We are doing a MD with hide a hose setup with a couple of vacpans.

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 1:54AM
jjaazzy

I have a VacuFlo it's been in for 12 years and still works great. My mom had a Vacuflo from 1977 and it was flawless for all those years and finally had to be replaced about 5 years ago with yep another VacuFlo. Great solid products.

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 10:42AM
ocscott3085

We have a Dirt Devil Pro Series 990 central vac. It has fantastic suction! The house is only one year old so I cannot comment on its longevity but it has performed flawlessly. We have 3 standard outlets on each level of the house to use with an electric hose and powerhead. In addition, we have a 40ft hide-a-hose installed on our main level which we use most of the time since there are predominantly wood floors on this level. I hope this helps.

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 6:13PM
gbsim1

I replaced an older unit (not Beam) with a Beam several years ago when Beam could still be bought directly by consumers. Now they're only being sold through dealers, but in our new home, I went with Beam again. We've been in for over six months now, I've been very happy with the choice.
It met all my requirements. I did a lot of web research and they came out at the top.

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 8:30PM
xedos

Why not just have the motor(s) replaced on the one you've got for a few hundred bucks ?

Bookmark   July 30, 2013 at 10:13PM
More Discussions
gas oven ignitor help
I recently picked up a great amana self clean gas oven,...
billhiggs
2 Weeks With my New ASKO Dishwasher--a review
Since very few people here have ASKO dishwashers or...
needinfo1
Zephyr Hurricane vs Broan QP430SS
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice or stories...
brewcat
cooktop
Hi, I finally narrowed down to 3 different 30 inch...
wmc123
self cleaning oven racks
Almost all oven manufacturers require removing oven...
dickross
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™