Curved bathub enclosure with center faucet. Good idea?

vitaminjdAugust 6, 2012

I had been looking at a Kohler expanse tub for the bath alcove in our new house but I found this MAAX model online that has a similar curved tub but with walls. I have a one piece enclosure right now and it's really easy to keep clean so I like the idea of having it again. You can get this model below with centered or side faucets. I have never seen an enclosure with centered faucets before and I'm wondering if there might be disadvantages that I'm not thinking of. Any advice?

Here's a link to the item page on the MAAX website (with another photo): http://www.maax.com/en/UtilityPages/ProductDetail.aspx?productID=(E75377C4-1254-4D54-A8F1-3D83726DA443)&refPageID=(8A83DD74-0BC8-41B9-91CC-492D8F4E3125)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
numbersjunkie

Your link doesn't work but I think I found the product you were looking at. The obvious disadvantages would be (1) difficulty reaching to the back to turn the water off and on from outside the tub -especially if there is someone (a child) in the tub. (2) You're stuck with the plumbing for that configuration if you ever want to switch out the tub.

I would go with the standard configuration.

Bookmark   August 7, 2012 at 2:15PM
More Discussions
Seeking Skirted Toilet with Good "Water Spot"
I am replacing an old toilet that was one of the early-generation...
sahmmy_gw
if studs are 16' apart, can i have a 24' medicine cab recessed?
can the builder recess a medicine cabinet wider than...
srg215
Marble bathroom question?
I am a lurker on this forum and have learnt a lot from...
sokool1
Need help with bathroom finishes!
Hey everyone! I have a minor dilemma about my master...
meg270070
Finished Conestoga cabs bathroom
This wasn't our usual full DIY, we paid for the tile...
justterrilynn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™