MS Security Tools...any advantage?

evenshadeApril 4, 2013

I receive a newsletter called Windows Secrets. The current issue has an article on MS's free security tools. I'm currently using MSE, Malwarebytes and Super-Anti Spyware and they have served me well. I'm usually a subscriber to the "if it ain't broke..." philosophy but security is important to me. Should I stick with what I have or is it simply a matter of personal preference? Thank you.

https://windowssecrets.com/top-story/microsofts-six-free-desktop-security-tools/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
owbist

Your link gives an error 404 message but I suspect it was meant to go here.

Fred Langa, the author has been around giving solid advice from way back in the stone age it seems.

Only you can decide on the benefits of expanding or changing your safety program. For myself I have had MSE since the day Microsoft released it and have been very comfortable with it.

Just this week I felt the need to run an online scan and Malwarebytes but was advised I was 81 days out of date. I make this comment just to show I do not over use Malwarebytes yet my computer stays safe enough. As long as my MSE icon stays green I am comfortable.

Of the tools mentioned in the article the only one I have never used is the MS Security Scanner.

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 11:45AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
evenshade

I'm sorry about the link, owbist...yes, that's the one I meant. I think I'll just stay on the same track I'm on now. Thanks so much for your advice.

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 9:17PM
More Discussions
Change color of blinking cursor
When I am editing something I have just written and...
mudlady_gw
Changing HOUZZ page appearance
I use Chrome browser and have an extension called Change...
jean_mi_z5
System Restore on new windows 7 need password?
I just bought an Acer windows 7 tower and when I wanted...
urlee
Still using XP with no problems.
Just thought this might interest those who are doing...
Jane
Strange software update
This popped up on my desktop today by the clock but...
acraftylady
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™