Grout Color for MBR

leela4August 9, 2014

We are progressing with our master bathroom remodel (it's the royal ''we'' as ''we'' are not DIY'ers with respect to this project). We talked to our tile guy yesterday a little about grout color. Tiling won't start for another week and a half or so, and we therefore have some time. But I wondered if you guys had any opinions about grout colors for the 2 widely different tiles we are going to use.

This is the field tile:

This is the accent tile. It will be on part of one wall in the shower and also as the backsplash:

There will be a lot more of the field tile than the accent tile. I'd like the grout to sort of disappear with the field tile, but not sure how that would go with the glass tile.

I know this is hard with different monitors etc. but I'd welcome opinions, if anyone has any to offer.
TIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jerzeegirl

What brand is the gray tile? Maybe they have a photo on their web site showing it installed and what color grout they are using with it.

Bookmark   August 10, 2014 at 7:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leela4

jerzeegirl-

That was a good idea. I went back and looked at the websites for both tiles. The field tile is Tierra Sol Imprompta Materia; it's a porcelain tile. The glass tile is Interstyle Glasshues in rare turquoise. It's always hard to see stuff on websites, but it gave me some ideas for maybe going a little lighter on the grout than I had planned, based on some examples with the glass tile. Thanks.

Bookmark   August 13, 2014 at 5:44PM
More Discussions
Anyone seen Hydroban board for sale?
Can't seem to find it anywhere. Can't tell if that's...
cataan
Which Tile Color for DH's "Manly" Bathroom?
The vanity/sink is the only thing we've done so far....
monicakm_gw
Contractor messed up shower pan. Fixable?
My contractor who I'm firing tomorrow messed up my...
gwrussp
Finishing touches – Towel Ring location, need opinions
Hello. My bathroom is starting to come together and...
mrsshayne
Final Decisions - Lighting and Countertop - "Spa-Like" or "Dreary"?
We have been in the middle of a very long & drawn-out...
AHMIowa_NJ
Sponsored Products
Blanc de Chine Engraving Jar
$699.00 | FRONTGATE
Remer by Nameeks NR11US Single Hole Bathroom Faucet - REMER NR11US
$555.00 | Hayneedle
Bronze Floor Lamp: 72 in. Arielle Stained Glass Floor Lamp with Foot Switch 3146
Home Depot
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Home Decorators Collection Rugs Marblehead
Home Depot
Mocha Cleo 24" Wide Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Lilac Tulip & Pot Set
$12.99 | zulily
New Oushak Ivory Veg Dyed HandKnotted Wool 4'x6' Turkish Oriental Area Rug H5694
BH Sun Inc
R Series Galvanized 14-Inch Warehouse Outdoor Pendant with 24-Inch Stem
$103.78 | Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™