High usage HP Digital Imaging

michelle_phxazApril 21, 2011

This is a pop-up I have been getting, I don't know if I need this. I do have a very simple HP printer to print pages from my little HP 1000 mini desk top, I don't edit or print photos from this computer, just print a page here or there once in a while.

Can I delete this from my registry?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zep516

Lets take a closer look at that...

hpqtra08.exe That's most likley the file causing the issue.

This startup entry is started automatically from an entry in your Startup folder in the Start Menu. Going into the registry is not recommended, as you don't want to delete anything! Just stop it from starting up with windows.

Also

This program hpqtra08.exe is not required to start automatically as you can run it when you need to. It is advised that you disable this program so that it does not take up necessary resources.

Post a log using the instructions below. We can take a closer look and make sure that is the file causing the issue, you could probably see it in MSCONFIG but I don't recommend controling startup programs from there.

Click Here to download HJTInstall.exe Version 2.0.4 installer.
Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop. Right click the Hijackthis Icon and Run as Adminstrator if you use Vista or Windows 7
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" and Paste the entire contents of the log into your next post.
DO NOT use the AnalyzeThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what HJT lists will be harmless or even required by your Operating System.

Bookmark   April 21, 2011 at 9:54AM
More Discussions
OK, turned my back, and the kids are playing with
backgrounds, and making the viewing easier on the eyes....
shaddy101
how do I bypass my login?
I recently took my HP laptop to Data Doctors and it...
cornsnake_lover
About those Garden Web Styles themes and skins for Firefox
I see they are authored by GW members. Thank you everyone....
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
Linkedin - Friend's Attempt to Subscribe me to it.
I know nothing of social media outfits and don't want...
mxyplux
Still using XP with no problems.
Just thought this might interest those who are doing...
Jane
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™