Funny Christmas Tree Story

swest2_gwDecember 19, 2011

My DH decorated the tree in the den. We have two dogs that spend a lot of time with him in the den. Our *youngest*, Jack, is a puppy. So to accommodate Jack the tree is only decorated two thirds of the way down because Jack thinks the bulbs are balls and wants to play with them. The tree is 12 feet high so the bottom 4 feet is bare. It looks really funny but Jack hasn't bothered the tree!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minnie_tx

I think that is nice and I'm sure it will be fun on Christmas morning when the "pups" open their presents under the tree

Bookmark   December 20, 2011 at 12:53AM
Purplemoon

Gotta love a dog (or cat) lover! I had to chuckle at the vision of a 12 FOOT tree with a 4 ft "bare bottom"...now that is a sight to see! Where's your camera when I need it? LOL

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   December 20, 2011 at 3:41AM
jeannespines

Ahhhhhh....puppies, ya gotta' love 'em & 'baby' em! Your DH is a wise man! LOL! Enjoy your pup! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   December 21, 2011 at 12:59AM
slinkey

Cute story.. That large tree with lower 'one quarter bare'..sounds 'Unique' lol...but when it comes to pets...you do what works!
I always found it funny when 'The Tree' was brought into the house for the first time each year. Our dogs did
lots of sniffing and checking it out..lots of bewilderment too. It's like - 'Wow' they brought this in just for me! So when we chase them away, it's like - total shock and they become more determined to 'play' with it!

jane

Bookmark   December 21, 2011 at 10:17AM
SeasonalDecorating__

with pets you just have to do what works, funny story! You could try putting only shatter proof ornaments on the bottom 4 feet with wire and blend them up into the tree :)

-SD

Bookmark   December 21, 2011 at 11:23AM
More Discussions
Let's Celebrate Pi Day!
The table is set. Grab a hat and a noise maker and...
oldalgebra
Toddler' February Art
For all you grandmothers out there: Materials: One...
oldalgebra
test 2
Caroline's table
nana2010_gw
Valentine Decor
It was a little crazy decorating this year for Valentine's...
phonegirl
Winter decor gone, here's Valentines
Just changed out the items on my kitchen table. I really...
luvstocraft
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™