2 master suites?
I'm still in the early stages of designing my home and can't seem to decide on which floor to put my master bedroom on. The more I plan, the more I like having 2 master suites with each being suited for specific purposes. Has anyone else done this/seen this?
Reasons for 1st floor suite:
- No stairs in case of injury, pregnancy or any other physical condition that may arise
- Able to let dogs in and out easier (needed more for when they're older)
- Possible in law suite
- Seperation from older kids
Reasons for 2nd floor suite:
- Being close to young children (I'll have a small office/nursery right beside the 2nd floor master suite)
- More space for expanded master bath/closet
- Having a balcony/better view
- Preference generally tends to be 2nd floor, so better resale value
If I did go with 2 master suites, there would be several differences between them so that both were always being used ie no wasted rooms! The 1st floor room would be used mostly as the guest room/guest suite although if needed it could easily be used as a regular bedroom. The bath would be smaller with a walk in shower and no tub while the second story master suite would have the nice soaking tub in addition to the shower.