ooowebhosting under review

sugar_flApril 15, 2013

My son has a bible website. It is hard to find good free hosting. I paid for a site but he didn't like it.. said it was too slow.. I got a refund..

Now to get down to why I am writing. He had a hosting site called ooowebhosting he used it for quite awhile.
Suddenly a pop up came on saying his site was under review.
It said it would be done in a few hours..this was several days ago. He GOOGLED it & found quite a few sites. Some were WOT red..he went into one that was green & AVAST popped up VIRUS...he clicked out FAST. He did a MWB scan & came up clean. I hope he didn't get a virus. One site he went in said it had been on his for a LONG time. I wonder if because his site is bible related was he blocked.
My other concern did it give him a virus. I hope MWB is rite & he is clean.

This link is what what the site says about the review.

Here is a link that might be useful: hosting review

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grandms

It's quite possible that someone, not liking the content of his site, reported it as something malicious, and they are investigating all the responses to postings as well as the content of the site itself. There are all kinds of "anti" groups out there, so this is quite possible. Just be patient and maybe they will soon remove this.

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 2:09PM
sugar_fl

grands,
I do feel pretty sure that his site being religion Is why he is blocked..I do believe he is blocked. He is just going somewhere else & not take chances. Now days religion seems to be a bad word..we just have to try & keep going..we can't let them win.

I went in a site of complaints about the site (no avast warning)
Many have just had their site deleted with no warning & some didn't even have it backed up. David has his backed up on 2 thumb drives. He does it at least once a day. Since he is disabled he has spent MANY MANY hours working on it.
He lost one of his favorite webhosting sites but there are others. I'm including a link to his site in case some mite like to see it. If U do go it would be nice if U would sign his guestbook.
Dar

Here is a link that might be useful: David's web site

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 4:22PM
Pooh Bear

I visited the site. I have Avast, WOT, MBAM, and SAS.
I got no pop ups warning me for anything.

Pooh Bear

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 10:00PM
grandms

I just tried. Got no warnings, pop-ups, but got 404 and just advertisements for the web hosting site.

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 10:41PM
owbist

But if one searches it can be seen that this is not a very reliable site. Lots of downtime seemingly and lethargic management perhaps.

Bookmark   April 16, 2013 at 7:02AM
john_wc

I would do a boot-time Avast scan to be sure.

Bookmark   April 16, 2013 at 9:45PM
More Discussions
Win 8 network settings
I need to export my network settings to a flash drive...
carolssis
About those Garden Web Styles themes and skins for Firefox
I see they are authored by GW members. Thank you everyone....
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
Changing HOUZZ page appearance
I use Chrome browser and have an extension called Change...
jean_mi_z5
My computer just got infected - what to do ASAP
I clicked on a website that I was familiar with but...
debo_2006
System Restore on new windows 7 need password?
I just bought an Acer windows 7 tower and when I wanted...
urlee
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™