Buying Miele induction from canada

lalitharJuly 18, 2011

Hi all,

You have probably seen posts from me on 24" induction cooktops. I just noticed that Miele Canada has a 24" induction in the exact config I want. Any advice on buying a canadian unit? Is there any UL certification type issue? I am not sure if this is new product.. if so is it a matter of time before it is introduced in US?

I was all set to buy a Kuppersbusch and then they pulled out of the US market. I am still exploring picking up a Gagg from Europe. Have a couple of leads there (either shipped from a kitchen design firm in UK or buying it myself on a likely business trip to Germany)

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele 24

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davidro1

Electrical is the same in the US and Canada. The Miele (and the AEG-Electrolux) will work. Anything that uses electricity will work.

The Gagg from Europe will work here too, but its diagrams will not show the same description as a description made for US (or Canadian) electricity. No big deal. One participant ( plllog ) already posted about this, from first hand experience.

Bookmark   July 19, 2011 at 8:57AM
lalithar

Well I called a couple of retailers and the story is that while I can order online, the delivery has to be in Canada and is handled by miele.. No shipping to ca. I am bummed as I was going to combine with Miele 15" wok burner(27K btu).

Lalitha

Bookmark   July 19, 2011 at 8:09PM
    Bookmark   July 19, 2011 at 8:47PM
livebetter

Miele in Canada handles all the after sales service. They deliver, install, service. Retailer are merely order takers for Miele.

Referred to in Canada as Forever Care (a unique concept in the appliance industry).

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele Forever Care - Canada

Bookmark   July 19, 2011 at 8:59PM
llaatt22

Brandt TI17B looks interesting.

Here is a French internet seller of popular priced 60cm induction units. Perhaps you could pick up a unit you like somewhere while you are in Germany and get the VAT rebated later. Then once Miele starts selling what you want in the US, replace it.

Mouse to "Cuisson" button in top row (under the "Bathing Beauty") then go to top of right column click on "Induction table". Five pages of stuff.

Here is a link that might be useful: maismoinscher

Bookmark   July 20, 2011 at 2:08AM
More Discussions
DCS Gas range review
DCS gas range review
brett_champagne
gas oven ignitor help
I recently picked up a great amana self clean gas oven,...
billhiggs
2 Weeks With my New ASKO Dishwasher--a review
Since very few people here have ASKO dishwashers or...
needinfo1
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
Questions about noisy back draft damper on vent hood roof cap
One female here who is definitely not a diy type person....
texasgal47
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™