Trying to shoehorn a new Bosch dishwasher

nancitaJuly 19, 2012

Hi all,

In my 1880 home, nothing is even. I am trying to replace the dishwasher that came with the house with a Bosch. The height max is 33". The bosch's are 33-7/8". Can I somehow cheat? The counter is not very good but they sure did secure it to everything they could. Maybe I could cut a bit under the counter, which is formica?

Thanks.

Oh, is that height typical ?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
whirlpool_trainee

Have you looked at the ADA compliant / special application dishwashers from Bosch? These are 2 inches shorter, I think.

Alex

Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 1:10PM
jakvis

The Bosch SGE63E15UC is the ADA machine mentioned by Whirlpool Trainee. It is only 32 inches high and the cutout requirement is H 32 1/16'' x W 24 '' x D 24 ''

Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 3:45PM
mysteryclock

We have that exact model installed in a normal-sized opening and have a teeny, tiny gap at the top which you can't see unless you are looking for it. Best washer I've ever owned - everything comes out absolutely sparkling clean with Finish Quantum tabs! We have rock-hard water here in TN and the softener does an amazing job and keeps everything smooth and shiny without requiring any extra citric acid products (like LemiShine) or phosphates. Now as others have said it "looks small" inside compared to some big US models and the rack system takes some getting used to. If you have big heavy items like Fiestaware then you'll have to get creative with the loading. But you will not be disappointed with the cleaning results, especially if you have hard water.

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 11:47AM
More Discussions
Anybody seen/used the new Bosch Benchmark appliances?
I think they are shipping these now. I have largely...
Juno_barks
Anyone have experience with Ad Mark (eBay) appliance dealer?
Am considering buying Gagg induction cooktop + combi...
myniyer
Capital Range Customer Service
Mostly people write on the internet forums, such as...
willinak
Counter depth refrigerators - who actually stocks them?
I need to replace my current counter depth refrigerator,...
yjacket86
Bosch Benchmark slide-in induction range
I am pretty committed to going induction with our remodel....
steph2000
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™