How to be my own bathroom project manager?
Since I have professionals I like in each area needed for a bathroom reno, I am considering hiring myself to be my own contractor, and hiring each professional separately. My thought is that because I'm not in a rush, this might be most cost-effective. Any thoughts on this proposal? I am a light-moderate DIY-er but Mike Holmes is my hero!
Here are the steps I imagine, but in what order should I have them completed, and have I left anything out?
1. order new fixtures, tub/shower, vanity, new bathroom door
2. demo/ gut existing floor, walls, fixtures
3. move plumbing (sink and toilet only)
4. install new fixtures
5. install tub
6. drywall all around
7. tile tub surround
8. install in-floor heating
9. tile floor
- install mirror wall (top half of one entire wall to make bathroom look bigger)
- rearrange linen closet so that door is actually in hallway rather than in bathroom
- install exhaust fan
- replace rotting window frame for existing (new) window
- install wall sconces
Thanks very much for any advice!