120v speed oven...is advantium my only choice?

angiebangieJuly 20, 2012

I currently have a standard over the range microwave that I would like to replace with a speed oven. I only have a 120v outlet and it is not in an easily accessible place to be able to re-wire easily. I am currently planning on replacing my electric coil range with the Electrolux slide in induction range below the speed oven, so I need something that will look nice above the Electrolux (in stainless). I'm not a fan of the GE Profile line, so I am looking at the GE Cafe advantium. Is there another option, or is the advantium my only choice? I have seen many different brands with a convection microwave, but I am unclear as to whether or not these are speed ovens.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dodge59

As far as I've ever seen posted, The Advantium is the ONLY 120 volt Speed oven.

A speed oven is an oven which microwaves and convection bakes at the SAME TIME, (Not one or the other, MW or Conv).
The advantium is a bit different in that it uses Halogen lights to do the baking and I'm not sure that it actually has a convection element (a heater around a fan), per say?

Maybe some of the Advantium experts here can clarify that
(does it have a "Real Convection Element)?

Regardless, it does seem to speed cook as fast and as well as do the Electrolux and Miele speed ovens---well at least the 240 volt version does, so the 120 volt might be a little slower, but I'm sure, way faster than just a conventional or convection oven.

Gary

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 11:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
angiebangie

Thanks Gary. That's what I thought from everything I've read so far, but I knew you guys here would know. :)

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 12:25AM
More Discussions
Need A New Keurig - Suggestions?
Our Keurig at the lake bit the dust. The single cup...
amck2
48" Wolf, Thermador or Bluestar...or something else?
Looking into purchasing a 48" range. Wolf: Classic....
wren21
Fisher Paykel Dishwasher Drawers-do you have them?
I am in need of guidance. From what I can gather, it's...
beekeeperswife
High end appliances thermador vs. dacor
I currently have dacor ovens. I am trying decide brands...
mcaprizs
New KitchenAid launch in April 2015
Hi, everyone. Sorry if this has already been discussed....
kiwigem
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™