Snowman collection

luvstocraftDecember 23, 2010

Thought I'd snap a pic of my snowman collection for those who missed them last year. I do have a few more scattered here and there around the house, but this is the majority of them. Sorry the pictures are not better, I should have closed the blinds since it was dusk out, and the outside view is distracting.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luna_llena_feliz

The wonderful thing about snowmen? You can keep them up well past Christmas! lol! Adorable collection!

Bookmark   December 24, 2010 at 12:16AM
marylee_2010

Really nice snowmen. I like your collection, but the one that stands out for me is the guy with the red vest. He is so cute.

Marylee

Bookmark   December 24, 2010 at 1:03AM
Purplemoon

Your Snowman collection always makes me smile. You have such a variety of these cute, happy fellows.
hugs, Karen

Bookmark   December 24, 2010 at 4:03AM
arcy_gw

Mine stay in their boxs until AFTER Christmas.

Bookmark   December 24, 2010 at 4:49AM
ladypat1

My favorite is that tall snowman on the right with the stick arms! Did you paint that one?

Pat

Bookmark   December 24, 2010 at 6:42AM
marylee_2010

I'm enjoying your snowmen again. Is that a Christmas train outside the window?

Marylee

Bookmark   December 24, 2010 at 10:00AM
luvstocraft

Marylee, yes that is the back of the train outside on the window shelf--like I said, I should have closed the blinds. I'm not very good at photography I'm afraid.

Arcy, that's interesting that your's don't come out until after Christmas. Be sure to share a pic with us later on, okay?

Karen, I do love the variety. Allot of these are the soft ones. I used some of the ceramic ones on the buffet, kitchen counter, and the snowman/woman cookie jar on the kitchen table. I also have the cute salt/pepper and spoon holders you sent me last year in the kitchen too. ;o)

Luna, I didn't paint the tall snowman--grabbed him up at a craft show because I loved everything about him! I did paint the one with the red vest and the one with the bird on his hat.

Most of the rest of these have been gifts from friends and coworkers--when I was working. I just love their happy little faces and love them all.

Want to know which one is my most favorite? See the guy who looks like a spring? He just cracks me up because he "wiggles" all over when you touch him! LOL

Luvs

Bookmark   December 24, 2010 at 10:39AM
jeannespines

So CUTE, luvs! There's just something about snowmen ....they make you smile! And you being a former Mid-westerner know that you need to smile when you live with the real thing, WINTER & SNOW!

What a great collection & great place to display them! Yup, I enjoy them & they get packed away in March! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   December 24, 2010 at 11:58AM
oldalgebra

Luvs,
You've got a super collection there. I like the fact that you've got snowmen made from lots of different materials. I never thought about it, but when some of the above posters mention how they ALWAYS make a person smile, I think they are exactly right.

Bookmark   December 24, 2010 at 4:32PM
lynnencfan

just so sweet Luvs - they put a smile on my face last year and again this year. I don't think there is a child out there that doesn't long to build at least ONE snowman in their lifetime TFS .....

Lynne

Bookmark   December 24, 2010 at 4:52PM
judithva

Such a cute collection, and if I remember correctly...you painted the snowman in the back-middle? My mom would love these, snowmen and angels are her favs.

Bookmark   December 25, 2010 at 11:41AM
peoniesandposies

Very cute! We live in Wisconsin, so snowmen are apropos from November on.

Luvs, I see that you have snow out your window. I bet they look wonderful in the daylight when you can see them and the background of snow.

Bookmark   December 25, 2010 at 4:36PM
luvstocraft

Peoniesandposies, no snow here except up on top of the mountains we can see out our front window! We are in southern California. What you are seeing is the concrete patio and my white planters around it full of blooming roses! LOL It was getting dark out when I snapped these pictures, would look completely different in the daylight.

Judith, I used your suggestion from a couple years ago and added the fake snow batting, ties them all together better.

Luvs

Bookmark   December 25, 2010 at 8:44PM
kirkus

Luvs, I absolutely love your snowman collection! Soooo fun! I am smiling just looking at them! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Bookmark   December 26, 2010 at 3:13AM
nana2010_gw

Luvs, What a fun collection of snowmen!! They can hang around until spring
and they won't melt.
NanaKaren

Bookmark   December 26, 2010 at 9:16AM
kathleen_li

You have a wonderful collection, Luvs. And I agree, the ones you painted are the best!
I didn't put mine out this year, but we are having a blizzaed today, so I can get the snow feel! :)

Bookmark   December 26, 2010 at 8:51PM
slinkey

Luvs...I enjoyed seeing your Snowmen collection again.
You're lucky to have such a great windowsill to display them.
There's something about Snowmen that always make you smile, and the two you painted really stand out.
I think with the Blizzard we're having here, the kids will be making them too.

jane

Bookmark   December 27, 2010 at 1:45AM
luvstocraft

Thanks everyone, I'm glad to have that window ledge so I can put them all out together too. My santa collection is smaller, so they get the shelf above the television in the family room--but I didn't put them out this year.

DH and I were laughing that they have a nice backdrop since we've recently had several days of rain (it stopped for Christmas eve and Christmas Day, wasn't that considerate?)the mountains north of us now have beautiful snow capped peaks now. Yes, it's nice to see it but not have to shovel it or drive in it! ;o)

Luvs

Bookmark   December 27, 2010 at 12:47PM
More Discussions
Judith (Sweet Designs blog)
Hi everyone. I have checked her blog numerous times...
marylmi
Mardi Gras Table
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/J-B68ziUqqsKI1jUbGIsF0R-rRjcD4-szAG4k6T8_AM?feat=directlink...
nana2010_gw
Diving Right In
OK. I'm going to try and create a new post in order...
oldalgebra
Not finding any inexpensive beanie baby duckies and . . .
I expect the nearer to Easter it gets, the higher the...
oldalgebra
Trying something, you can help.
Any of you who see my pins on Pinterest know that I...
luvstocraft
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™