Carrara Marble - what color hardware?

beepsAugust 25, 2012

Think contemporary house and bathrooms. I'm doing the bathroom countertops in Carrara.

Guest bath I'm doing chrome hardware because the faucet I want only comes in chrome.

For the master bath, where I'll also have a Carrara shower, with the flooring other than the shower floor being a gray tile, what color hardware would be best? Or, does it not really matter? I'm generally a BN person, but the faucets I want for the master come in stainless or chrome. (As well as aged pewter and victorian bronze but those aren't what I'm looking for.)

So, WWYD? I am thinking the Carrara is classy enough maybe I should do chrome. Stainless seems more casual. Thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
writersblock

I like chrome or polished nickel with marble. Not the duller finishes, including stainless.

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 11:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beeps

Thanks writersblock - that's a great point. I'd planned on going stainless in the master but suddenly it started sounding a bit gray or something. Dull might be the word I wanted. I just ran so far away from chrome 10-15 years ago that it feels odd to be going back to it! :)

Bookmark   August 26, 2012 at 12:11AM
More Discussions
Can you offer links to online Tile Retailers?
Just wanted to get a start at looking at tile. Anyone...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Toilet seat height
The other thread here asking about whats new in bathroom...
numbersjunkie
design help- white quartz countertops on vanity?
we are building a home & I am struggling with design...
misschris15
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Wood Beadboard on the walls outside the shower?
I was reading an article on saving money on tile, by...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™