Please recommend a good undersink filtration system

boone_2009July 18, 2013

We need to buy our undersink water filtration system( for cold water only and not a reverse osmosis) and dispenser faucet *asap*.

We've considered Everpure, Aquapure, Insinkerator, GE ( almost everything we see in stores and online! ) and now have serious decision fatigue after reading and re-reading tons of reviews online for all sorts of brands.

Please give us your recommendations based on your own personal experiences ( we've never had a filtration system before).

Thanks, all!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Helena2013

I have had a Doulton filter for 10 years and love it so much that I'm absolutely taking it with me to my next house!

The filters are cleanable so that you don't need to constantly buy new ones.

http://doultonusa.com/HTML%20pages/residential%20under%20sink%20models.htm

I also have the portable stainless steel "Doulton Mini" filter that I take with me while traveling. It uses the same type of cartridge (ceramic).

http://doultonusa.com/HTML%20pages/portable_systems.htm

Bookmark   July 18, 2013 at 6:52PM
Helena2013

Meant to add: This is the one that I have

http://doultonusa.com/HTML%20pages/ip100UC.htm

and this is the faucet I chose (the chrome one)

http://doultonusa.com/HTML%20pages/mountain_plumbing_faucets_for_water_filters.htm

Bookmark   July 18, 2013 at 6:55PM
boone_2009

Wow! Thank you so much, Helena2013 :-) :-)

I'd never even heard of Doulton until now - I've bookmarked that site. Love the faucet, too!

Bookmark   July 18, 2013 at 7:16PM
looser

We got this system from Costco a few month ago and are very happy with it. We previously had the PUR filter attached to the faucet, but it started to fall off frequently. The water pressure and taste is much better with this unit and the price is very reasonable. So far, we love it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Premier Filtration System

Bookmark   July 19, 2013 at 4:12AM
boone_2009

Thanks, looser.
We also have the PUR filter attached to our current faucet ; have had no problems with it except for the fact that we have to change filters quite often and the pressure was low.
Our new faucet won't allow such a device, though.
I'll check out your recommendation at Costco :-).

Bookmark   July 19, 2013 at 2:09PM
looser

Our local Costco did not have this unit in stock, only the RO version. We ordered it online and it arrived within a few days. It comes with replacement filters for one year. So far, we have not had any loss of water pressure.
Good luck with your shopping!

Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 12:35AM
boone_2009

We stil haven't purchased a water filter - had to attend to a semi-emergency ( kitchen-demo- related) and this went to the back burner ( ha! ha!) until now.

In case we don't buy the filtration system now but would like to have that option for later, what diameter hole should I ask the countertop fabricator to drill, for a future cold water filtration faucet? I asked earlier in a thread on the Kitchen Forum and someone suggested I could always put some sort of sealing ring around it if the hole turned out to be too big for the filtration faucet.

Thanks a lot!

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 12:33AM
More Discussions
Masterchef options for Miele speed oven
I have played around with a Miele combi steam oven...
barbja99
Daily Luxury Convenience (Combi Steam) vs. Tried & True Dbl Oven
I asked questions about the steam oven last month....
lawjedi
Why are my frozen bananas melting?
Not sure the right forum for this, but I freeze bananas...
weedyacres
Who makes Counter Depth fridge less than 36" wide
Hi, who makes a counter depth fridge that is only say...
Brad Goodyear
What electric oven to get? speed oven, combo-steam, or regular?
If I am going to go with an all gas range, which would...
nismo99
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™