window and trim match

williemonJune 24, 2011

Does everyone prefer to have their exterior house trim work color match the window trim color? Seems I see this most of the time when using wood windows. The windows are painted the same as all the other exterior trim.

Im building with vinyl windows. Do all those with vinyl windows try to match the trim to those? If you have the white vinyl, what paint color do you choose for the house trim?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
singingmicki

My vinyl windows are a clay color (taupe), and I chose a trim color to match it. My siding is a shade or two lighter, but not so much to make the trim harsh.

Bookmark   June 24, 2011 at 11:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tabbaldwin

I had the same dilemma when we built. I drove around looking at new homes that used vinyl windows (in the $500K and up range). In the model homes I toured, many used white windows and their trim was off-white / cream, both inside and out. It didn't look bad, so that's what we went with. I originally wanted "tan", BUT didn't like the inside look with creamy colored molding. Up close, you obviously notice a difference, but from the street, it's hard to tell. I figured it'd made a bigger difference if we'd gone with the tan windows, and I didn't want to go that dark with my outside trim color (and then what to do indoors?).

Bookmark   June 25, 2011 at 7:25PM
More Discussions
Don Gardner Callaway Plan - anyone have pictures
My wife and I are considering building the Don Gardner...
Scott Carson
Well Water
For those of you with well water only. What systems...
Renee0829
Floorplan Feedback-I think we're getting close!
This is the upstairs. The office in the lower corner...
edwardshome
Anyone have experience with Dow's Thermawrap R5.0?
We are in the planning stages of building a home in...
mmdoh
is/has anyone built a frank betz home?
Just wondering... Which model? We are currently considering...
liptonjl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™