gift cards

sorie6December 17, 2013

I'd like some ideas for giving gift cards. I hate doing it but that seems to be what everyone wants or cash!! Grandma wouldn't pick out the right stuff!!!

Please give me some creative ideas you put them in!.Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Purplemoon

Hi Sorie. I'm not thrilled with everyone in my family wanting them now too. Even the 9, 10, and 11 yr old grandkids.
Tho on the plus side, makes it easy to 'shop' and saves money on wrapping paper. LOL. Both my DD and DDIL usually do a small gift basket of some sort with inexpensive things and add a gift card to it. I have bought nice but small picture frames to put gift cards with. Even something like one of those photo ornament frames with a special photo in it for someone to put on next year's tree.

Happy Christmas Hugs,
(that covers Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas, LOL)
Karen

Bookmark   December 17, 2013 at 9:03PM
party_music50

Most everyone in my family seems to prefer cash. Some things I've done that might give you ideas:

- one year my parents wanted new wallpaper so I got lots of bills in smaller denominations and taped them together into a long sheet that was wrapped around a cardboard tube, just like wallpaper. They loved it!

- my niece is an artist so I bought a nice frame and framed the money in it

- my nephew said he only wanted money one year, so I made an origami shirt from a single bill and put it into a jewelry box. I told him all he was getting from me was a shirt. :o)

I thought they were cute ideas and I had a lot of fun doing them. Maybe you have some notion of things they like and you can be creative that way?

From a more practical perspective, you could buy something like a wallet or phone carrying case and give the $$ inside it.

This post was edited by party_music50 on Tue, Dec 17, 13 at 21:14

Bookmark   December 17, 2013 at 9:09PM
jeannespines

This yr I bought my two teen gr'daughters 'lipstick cases' ...you know those little slender cases with a horizontal mirror...I found them @Pier 1 ... & a 'roll of gold coin dollars' fit right in them & I could snap them shut.

If I have to give money, I like getting those 'gold coins' ... they fit nicely in the little miniature stockings ... or I've made sparkly draw-tie pouches.

Just have fun doing whatever you like ~~ I've noticed lots of specialty stores sell 'card holders.' ;-) Jeanne S.

Bookmark   December 18, 2013 at 1:25AM
phonegirl

If you like to craft, as Party suggested, there are alot of ways to make fun shapes with money. I'll share a link from pinterest.

Jeanne, what a neat idea with the 'lipstick cases' and gold coins.

I think our family is going shopping again this weekend in hopes of finding more gifts. If not I will do money and maybe next year they'll let us know what they want.lol

Here is a link that might be useful: Folding Money

Bookmark   December 19, 2013 at 3:32AM
More Discussions
"Inspiration Pictures" reminder
Hi Gang.....thought I'd remind you I've got a bunch...
Purplemoon
Diving Right In
OK. I'm going to try and create a new post in order...
oldalgebra
test
A test link to a photo
nana2010_gw
trial
<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a...
nana2010_gw
For any of Gang on Facebook.....
I've set up a Holiday Group for us. Its a "closed...
Purplemoon
Sponsored Products
Lilacs Pillow
$695.00 | Horchow
Cashmere Bunny Personalized Puppy Love Moses Basket - PPLMB
$208.99 | Hayneedle
Big Love Spoons Gift Box by Alessi
$55.00 | Lumens
Jaques Double Six Dominoes in Mahogany Case - 56173
$49.99 | Hayneedle
'Love You Forever' Personalized Frame
$29.99 | zulily