NYC-Philly Tile Shopping

chefwongAugust 19, 2013

Call me crazy. Just short of flatiron (aka,WZ, AT, etc tile shops), I'm planning to drive from NYC to Philly to go to Ceramictiles4u.com

They basically have all the marble porcelins I want to see - Rex Bianchi, Evolutions, Naxos Marble Hill Legends and Sculpter and +++ more other makes under 1 roof.

For all you NYC natives, is there any tiles shops that might offer similar tiles locally...

For my last 3 renovations, I have bought my wood tiles from a place on GA, but my backsplash and master bathroom were all bought from Artistic. I have not found a good place for *all sorts/kinds* of porcelin marble that looked okay. Daltile was a dud, and Artisitc Tile only had 1 . Every other place, the marble look-alikes looked too fake for my eyes.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gwendolyn18

I highly recommend Garden State Tile in Philly. Good selection, good prices, and great customer service.

Bookmark   August 21, 2013 at 5:48AM
piscesgirl

We went to Ceramictiles4u.com (we live 30 miles south of there). I was expecting a huge store when actually it is very small. They do have a lot of samples but I would be surprised if they had a sample of every tile they list on their website so I would check that they have what you are looking for before driving that far. They did have some great marble porcelain tiles that looked very convincing (although we were looking at wood porcelain tiles).

Not sure if you are looking to purchase tile from them. If so a couple of things to note.
1) They don't appear to carry any tile in stock...so you would need to order the tile. Which means extra shipping costs unless you are willing to travel back down to pick up the tile.
2) The prices listed on their website are based on an order of 200 sq ft or more. We needed less and they were willing to quote that amount but the price went up and they also had to charge us a freight charge (no shipping since we were willing to pick up the tile)

Good luck on your tile search.

Bookmark   August 21, 2013 at 9:32AM
chefwong

Hi Firsthome -

Indeed Google Maps shows it's a *small shop*.
Still debating wheter the 2 hr drive is worth it...+ gas/tolls.

Gwendolyn - thanks for the 411. Just googled GST. They also have a location in Jersey.

Bookmark   August 21, 2013 at 10:11AM
jerseygirl_1

We have had the most success in tile hunting and price from Barretta Tile located in Voorhees, NJ which is SJ. They have a website www.barrettatile.com.

I initially thought they would be more expensive because of the type of clientele they service but they were actually more reasonable than any of the stores I went to for what I was looking for. They are located in an upper end design center. My suggestion is to call them first and see if they have samples of the manufacturers you are looking for. There is also West End Hardware right next store with a very large selection of plumbing fixtures and vanities.

Bookmark   August 21, 2013 at 2:51PM
More Discussions
Lighted Tub/Shower Niche
Anyone ever wire a light into your shower niche? I...
monicakm_gw
Finishing touches – Towel Ring location, need opinions
Hello. My bathroom is starting to come together and...
mrsshayne
So upset about marble floor
This is how my expensive marble basket weave floor...
aiallega
Vanity from CabinetDIY - FYI
Just an FYI: we started to build the vanity from a...
melle_sacto
mother of pearl tile
I'm thinking of doing my master bath with mother of...
berdavids
Sponsored Products
Cordelia Lighting Outdoor Lighting. Black Lamp Outdoor Wall Mount
$33.75 | Home Depot
Jane Seymour Fuchsia Phalaenopsis Orchid 19H in. Silk Flower Arrangement Multico
$62.00 | Hayneedle
Home Decorators Area Rug: Kenilworth Celery 9' x 12'
Home Depot
Stiffel 6661 29H in. Buffet Lamp - BL-6661-AN
$261.80 | Hayneedle
Jaipur Grant Design I-O Bough Out Abstract Pattern 8 ft. Round Indoor/ Outdoor R
$648.00 | Hayneedle
Outdoor Lighting. Coastal Globe Light - Black
$12.98 | Home Depot
Illumine Lighting Kits 4-Light English Bronze Ceiling Fan Light Kit
$42.00 | Home Depot
Vallee de la Somme France Framed Wall Art by Alan Klug - 27.68W x 20.68H in. Mul
$106.80 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™