Maax Rubix Soaking Tub - Depth to Overflow

MercerMAugust 31, 2013

Hi, I'm considering purchasing a Maax Rubix 60 x 32 soaking tub. Does anyone have this tub (or a 60 x 30 Rubix)? If so, can you please tell me the actual depth to overflow?

Don't know why this info seems to be so hard to come by. It's not posted on the Maax website. When you call Maax, you're given different numbers depending on who you talk to, as others on this site have noted. Makes me wonder if the Maax depth is lower than other comparable soaking tubs.

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lee676

If I'm doing the math right, there's about 12" from the front tub inner floor to the underside of the overflow drain, based on the PDFs for specifyers that MAAX gives you for the Rubix 60x30. Looks like 14"h on the 60x32 model:
http://www.maax.com/en/utilitypages/productdetail.aspx?productID=(7CECD5D7-9582-47A0-8683-63D0A947011A)#pane4

These are available also in above-grade drain models (which will be shallower, but don't require digging into concrete or a wood floor to install), and those will have different measurments, as will the 66"L models.

Bookmark   September 3, 2013 at 12:38AM
vitaminjd

MercerM,
We have one in our new house (which isn't completed yet). Mine is the 66x32 so I'm not sure that the measurements will be the same but I can check it next time I'm on site if you'd like.

Bookmark   September 11, 2013 at 5:20PM
MercerM

Thank you vitaminjd. That should be helpful.

Bookmark   September 12, 2013 at 12:35AM
More Discussions
Another shower size questions
I am converting an alcove tub (60x30) to a shower....
cataan
What do you think about tiling the ceiling of the shower?
This dovetails with previous posts where I've discussed...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Please can you help with bath vanity design issue?
My original bath layout has changed somewhat, due to...
happyallison
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Has anyone seen an interior door handle like this in the States?
Sorry for the link but I couldn't find an image to...
ceezeecz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™