HpqSRmon.exe

katy1234_gwMarch 22, 2012

I did a scan with malwarebytes and it found two files pertaining to HpqSRmon.exe. I had malwarebytes take care of everything that they found(also 48 tracking files)and now when I boot the computer it says it can't find what it needs(installer). Do I really need to be concerned that these registry files were deleted?

My computer works fine like nothing important is missing except for the message on boot up. Thanks for any help you can give.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

It is generally a legitimate file belonging to some HP printing type products however if it is found in a location other than the normal location it could be a fake copy which is usually an infection.
You can find more information at the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Information

Bookmark   March 22, 2012 at 7:05PM
katy1234_gw

Thank you Raven,I ran my printer and it runs as normal so I'm thinking I'm not going to worry about it anymore. I did think it was funny that after I updated malwarebytes that it found these two files when it never did before. I'm just glad it appears it's not going to bother anything.

Bookmark   March 22, 2012 at 8:04PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

It happens at times that it will be a false positive, so it could be that the latest updates contains that type of problem.
You might want to post this over at malwarebytes forum to let them know about it and you might find it already mentioned there. They do like to hear about this kind of thing.

Bookmark   March 22, 2012 at 8:54PM
More Discussions
Still using XP with no problems.
Just thought this might interest those who are doing...
Jane
Lenovo Preinstalls Malware on Laptops
On the Yahoo News Tech page today, February 19, 2015,...
haldd
Need help turning old computer into HTPC
I have an old computer. c2001. Motherboard is a D865GBF,...
Pooh Bear
Basic Video Help Needed
I know almost nothing about getting videos from video...
chas045
GW/Houzz page rendering on my browser
Weird question about GW/Houzz, over the last six months,...
dbarron
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™