Bosch dishwasher settings

angiebangieJuly 24, 2012

I just got a new Bosch INtegra 500 this afternoon, and I can't wait to NOT rinse my dishes!!! I'm itching to cook something big and messy so that I can use the dishwasher tonight. If I can force my family into being lazy and not pre-rinsing the dishes, what cycle is best to use? Auto or normal? Do you use the sanitize function with every load? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Auto is an allround cycle - I use it like 70% of the time. Our dishwasher also has autoHeavy and Quick Wash, which I use sometimes - that's the other 30%. Sanitary will give you better drying but I don't think you'd need it to sanitize the dishes as such. Dishwasher detergent is pretty strong by itself and reduces bacteria to a save level, I think.

HTH, Alex

    Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 2:21AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks Alex. I used the sanitize cycle to get a hotter temp because I figured it would help with the drying. I also used the auto cycle, but I've only run the dishwasher once so far. I only had one plastic cup with water on the concave top, but everything else was pretty dry. It certainly dried better than my builder grade Dishwasher that was replaced.

    Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 9:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

My sanitize cycle is labeled "Power." I only use it when I wash my range burner heads, grates and vent baffles, which is maybe every two or three months. Otherwise, I just leave it on Auto, even for half loads. My reasoning is that while it's only washing a half load, it's also keeping the interior clean since there's little obstruction in the DW. I usually save up for a full load, so that's only happened a couple of times. I've only used the quick wash two or three times while entertaining. My guess is I'm running the DW 95% on Auto.

    Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 11:04AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Need help with appliance choices, layout critique
Hey all. We have a preliminary kitchen plan attached. I...
do we like capital ranges
capital ranges ?
Jen & Scott Lehr
How much Hood CFM to get for Wolf's 6-Burner Rangetop?
Let's say I use all 6 burners at once sometimes (not...
Getting the most out of Miele Masterchef?
Probably a dumb question... There are a lot of different...
Bosch Dishwasher Problems...
We have a relatively new (1-2 years old) Bosch dishwasher....
Sponsored Products
Twinkle Personalized Framed Wall Decor - 24W x 18H in. - WAL-HJE-N-F
$99.99 | Hayneedle
Queen 200TC Sheet Set - WHITE/CHOCOLATE
$410.00 | Horchow
'Curious George' Small Shopping Tote - Set of Two
$8.99 | zulily
Color Pop Mugs in Green & Blue - Set of 2
$24.99 | Dot & Bo
Decorative Pillow Covers (Set of 3)
Filament Design Lamps Concord 13.25 in. Bronze Incandescent Table Lamp
$83.60 | Home Depot
Empress Leather Sofa in Black
$699.00 | LexMod
Gibson Spring Grove Green 16-piece Dinnerware Set
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™