Bosch dishwasher settings

angiebangieJuly 24, 2012

I just got a new Bosch INtegra 500 this afternoon, and I can't wait to NOT rinse my dishes!!! I'm itching to cook something big and messy so that I can use the dishwasher tonight. If I can force my family into being lazy and not pre-rinsing the dishes, what cycle is best to use? Auto or normal? Do you use the sanitize function with every load? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
whirlpool_trainee

Auto is an allround cycle - I use it like 70% of the time. Our dishwasher also has autoHeavy and Quick Wash, which I use sometimes - that's the other 30%. Sanitary will give you better drying but I don't think you'd need it to sanitize the dishes as such. Dishwasher detergent is pretty strong by itself and reduces bacteria to a save level, I think.

HTH, Alex

Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 2:21AM
angiebangie

Thanks Alex. I used the sanitize cycle to get a hotter temp because I figured it would help with the drying. I also used the auto cycle, but I've only run the dishwasher once so far. I only had one plastic cup with water on the concave top, but everything else was pretty dry. It certainly dried better than my builder grade Dishwasher that was replaced.

Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 9:29PM
jscout

My sanitize cycle is labeled "Power." I only use it when I wash my range burner heads, grates and vent baffles, which is maybe every two or three months. Otherwise, I just leave it on Auto, even for half loads. My reasoning is that while it's only washing a half load, it's also keeping the interior clean since there's little obstruction in the DW. I usually save up for a full load, so that's only happened a couple of times. I've only used the quick wash two or three times while entertaining. My guess is I'm running the DW 95% on Auto.

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 11:04AM
More Discussions
48 inch Bertazoni Dual Fuel or MIELE Range and Combi Oven Steamer
I am putting my options of getting the range. I have...
hkwan
De Dietrich induction cooktop
Is anyone around that has any data about De Deitrich...
chinchette
Parts question: Fridgidaire Gas Stove Igniter
The oven igniter on our gas stove quit working. I went...
Pooh Bear
gas oven ignitor help
I recently picked up a great amana self clean gas oven,...
billhiggs
DCS Gas range review
DCS gas range review
brett_champagne
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™