Some more Porch & Woodland Decor

jeannespinesDecember 10, 2010

Yeah, I can post some pics now! Thanks Web guru!

Here's that new woodsy Santa that I showed you & this is a night time shot of the Woodland vignette on my porch:

I added a couple pinecone candles & a small metal pinecone, a "furry" outfitted snowman in the tree lamp, the little wood lighted cabin I purchased some yrs bk in MN, a white berry garland, wooden snowshoes ornie (leanin' against tree lamp) & a potted faux tree w/pinecones..>I've used most of this in other "Up North" decor...here's close-up of snowman:

One more pic with the light turned on...note that his original "staff" is gone & I have given him a Curly Willow walking stick:

Here's wood wall shelf on porch that my DH made from old barnwood some yrs back...it's home for the snowmen & families:

Close-up of bottom shelf...the family one is new last yr from one of DD's:

Gotta love snowmen if you live in IA! TFlookin'! Jeanne S.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeannespines

Oh, I forgot a pic...this is the "ice skating rink" lit up at night ...used tripod so could get a pretty clear pic...it's a metal feed tub with hole drilled in side & piece of plexiglass cut in a circle to fit down in a bit (thanks to DH), clear blue cellophane on the glass & faux snow on top...glass snowmen & a few acrylic ice cubes & deer:

Sits on floor by porch tree. Jeanne S.

Bookmark   December 10, 2010 at 5:32PM
excessfroufrou

OMGoodness, I love that little cabin all lit up, it's precious. The entire vignette is perfect. The snowmen look so cozy, if snowmen can be cozy that is. Those little stars peeking out from the window are really sweet.
Frou

Bookmark   December 10, 2010 at 5:54PM
valleymagpie

Jeanne,

I love it all! As all of you probably know, I'm heavy into rustic. I like your cabin very much, and the tree lamp (have to show those to DH in his woodshop...).

I also like the woodland Santa and the way you've arranged things. You have a real talent. I think the snowman collection is great, and how clever is that "ice skating rink"?

- Magpie

Bookmark   December 10, 2010 at 5:55PM
Purplemoon

I'm running low on words, LOL...so....

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   December 11, 2010 at 12:54AM
slinkey

Jeanne..that porch is a perfect setting for your Woodland Santa Vignette..What a cozy glow from that little wooden cabin.
The shelves your DH made are just pefect to display your
'Snowfolk Family'. I'm so glad you showed your 'Ice Skating Rink' again...I love that, especially seeing it all lit up. Such a clever idea.

jane

Bookmark   December 11, 2010 at 1:12AM
oldalgebra

Hey, that little wood cabin is darling. I love the entire vignette, but my eyes went to the cabin immediately. As usual, all your arrangements are lovely.

Love the floppy snowman collection.

Bookmark   December 11, 2010 at 1:55AM
nana2010_gw

Jeanne, Your Woodland vignette is wonderful. The Floppy Snowmen are cute as can be, and The Ice skating rink is a delight. So much fun to look at it all.
NanaKaren

Bookmark   December 11, 2010 at 9:11AM
phonegirl

Jeanne, beautiful decorations and pictures of them. Your snowman on the lamp is so cute there. Love the tree and your santa and cabin. Such a wonderful vignette. Your dancing snowmen caught my eye too.

You have a great snowman collection and they all look so nice the way you set them out. Did you personalize your sign on that bunch? Wonderful choice on your snow pic above them. Your skating rink lit up is very pretty.

Always enjoy seeing your decorations.

Punk

Bookmark   December 11, 2010 at 10:35AM
lynnencfan

LOVE Love love everything about both vignettes - while I love all the glitz and glamor of most decorations I am so at peace when I see the simple rustic vignettes - there is just a calmness about them - TFS .....

Lynne

Bookmark   December 11, 2010 at 12:28PM
Marlene Kindred

Just beautiful Jeanne! Love all of your snowmen and your ice skating rink is just adorable! How clever is that!

Bookmark   December 11, 2010 at 2:20PM
jeannespines

Thanks for your comments frou, magpie, PM, jane, OA, nana, punk, lynne & marlene...appreciated!

punk, the snowman family was a gift from oldest DD last Christmas...it came to me "personalized." Isn't it the cutest! And I love that bushel baskets winter print...I bought it after Christmas sale a few yrs back...thanks.

That furry, floppy snowman I used on buffet decor before...so he found a new home with the woodsy Santa!

Blizzard today/tonight & probably thru weekend...so I did get the porch decor finished up today...things are mighty messy around here...but last plastic tub unloaded! (don't ask how many I store in the garage!) Now for putting some stuff away I didn't use, clean up ...& then getting down Winter dishes & putting some other dishes away...what fun though hard work! Enjoy your weekend! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   December 11, 2010 at 11:47PM
luvstocraft

I have to agree that your santa looks better with his new staff--the other was just too fancy and detracted from him a bit I think. Your little cabin all lit up along with the pinecones just makes me think of a cabin up in the mountains, all warm and cozy inside. Of course, I love your snowmen, don't they just make you smile? But your ice skating ring is my favorite of all--what a cute idea.

Luvs

Bookmark   December 12, 2010 at 11:45AM
More Discussions
Mardi Gras Table
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/J-B68ziUqqsKI1jUbGIsF0R-rRjcD4-szAG4k6T8_AM?feat=directlink...
nana2010_gw
Love the pictures to the left of each new topic!
It appears that the first picture posted in a thread...
Tally
Decorating Son's House
First of the photos
yachter123
Diving Right In
OK. I'm going to try and create a new post in order...
oldalgebra
Five Easy Vignette Tips
Link Here is a link that might be useful: Tips
yachter123
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™