BS Griddle Feedback

MichelleDTJuly 11, 2012

We have come full circle and back to BS after almost ordering a Lacanche. I have seen several comments regarding regret over the BS griddle. Can you provide more information? We finalized our layout to include a 36" 6 burner, 24" grill and 24" griddle companion ranges rather than a 60" with 6 burners, griddle and grill.

Why would you not purchase the griddle again?

Thanks Ladies & Gents.

M

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
edymoreno

I don't know about the others, but I'm quite liking our griddle. It's great for cooking scrambled eggs, pancakes, and burgers. Cleaning up is super easy too. Scrape, dump, and add a little bit of oil.

Bookmark   July 11, 2012 at 6:50PM
MichelleDT

Thanks....the local BS rep was leaning heavily toward the griddle over the grill. I see far more raves for the grill than the griddle so just wondering why BS owners prefer the grill over the griddle....maybe it is just a space issue and not really related to the griddle.

Cheers,

M

Bookmark   July 11, 2012 at 9:22PM
edymoreno

My guess is that depends on the type of cooking you do more often. I know some people that do a lot of grilling (on a BBQ), than traditional cooking. I, on the other hand, have never really been a fan of grilling.

As they say, different strokes for different folks.

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 1:33AM
guadalupe

Probably because the griddle adds a warming zone, and can perform somewhat like a french top

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 9:17AM
philwojo

We are in the process of getting a 36" BS rangetop and we are on the fence about either 6 burners or 4 with the griddle. My DW and I keep going back and forth and just can't really decide what the best option is for us. Through my searches I have not heard anything bad about the griddle on the BS, it really comes down to if you will use it or not at least from what I can tell.

Good luck in your search.

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 12:20PM
jadeite

We were considering the 36" BS rangetop with optional grill, and if I were still in the market for gas, this is what I would buy. A griddle can be put on top of any two of the burners but you still have the use of the burners alone if you choose. We did this with our previous gas range. Nothing substitutes for a grill.

Cheryl

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 12:57PM
Emilner

Agreed, burners can be turned into a griddle but nothing can be turned into a grill. Due to the size limits I can only get roughly 30-40% more food on my built in griddle than a standard single burner grill pan. You just can load the griddle up that much because of the walls, trap etc. And since you can just toss a griddle pan in the sink I find the griddle worthless. A grill on the other hand is indispensable. I use it at least every other day, I only wish I had gone for a 24" grill instead of a 12" grill/12" griddle.

Bookmark   July 12, 2012 at 2:11PM
More Discussions
Bosch Benchmark Policy....
I live in the FL Keys, and we have very few options...
cudjoegal
Flimsy dishwasher!
I have to admit that I have never heard of most of...
grapefruit1_ar
American Range? Buyer Beware!
It is with big frustration that I am reporting an unacceptable...
foodiefrog
Refrigerator Water Valve Leaking
Any idea why the blue cap (see red arrow) on the water...
tslats2
High end appliances thermador vs. dacor
I currently have dacor ovens. I am trying decide brands...
mcaprizs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™