Family Room Decorations

excessfroufrouDecember 14, 2010

Here are some pix of my family room. I put all vintage glass or handmade ornaments on this tree. I kept my mantel simply this year so it didn't compete with the tree (I didn't miss the fluffing of garland one little bit). There are a few new things with my peacock table this year.

Frou

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ladypat1

Just stunning. Your mantle is beautiful. You have a nice collection of glass. And the peacock table colors are striking! Sure not the same old, same old!

Pat

Bookmark   December 14, 2010 at 6:05PM
leveta

Beautiful tree!!!!

Bookmark   December 14, 2010 at 8:17PM
phonegirl

Frou, what a pretty mantel with all the beautiful glassware. Beautiful tree and that fire looks so warm and cozy. Great picture of Santa up there.

Your peacock table is wonderful with all the feathers, balls and silver pinecone candles in front of the mirror. Love the dish in the center of it and the deer vases are super.

Punk

Bookmark   December 14, 2010 at 8:36PM
luvstocraft

Frou, you have the most wonderful collections of pretty glassware, I am just blown away every time you show more of it. Everything looks so pretty and festive, even though it's not what one would expect. Is there a story behind the peacock feather collection? They are very beautiful.

Luvs

Bookmark   December 14, 2010 at 10:57PM
jeannespines

Wow, frou...your tree is very, very pretty...love how you've filled it with ornies! Blue & green glassware is just drop-dead gorgeous & the peacock table color combo is so rich! Lots of work & time in this room! See a framed pic under your tree & that Santa one added to your shelf...like that! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   December 15, 2010 at 12:15AM
sunnyca_gw

Is that a blue tree skirt I see, looks very blue & pretty under the tree? Love all the blue(my favorite color) & the peacock display is very regal!! Such a beautiful bird, I miss the 2 I used to see every time I went to the store.Owner died & her place sold. They would strut & then spread those feather so beautifully I just had to stop & watch!! Lovely glassware & very cozy place to be!! Jan

Bookmark   December 15, 2010 at 12:37AM
yachter123

Really like your blue & green glass on the fireplace & your blue table with silver accents & on a mirrored tray really set it off!

I LOVE your fireplace!!!

Bookmark   December 15, 2010 at 12:54AM
christmascandy

Frou,
It is beautiful!

I love all of the blue and green and the peacock theme. It is all arranged so perfectly.

TFS,
Candy

Bookmark   December 15, 2010 at 1:09AM
Purplemoon

Frou, there's not much I can add that hasn't been said. Your tree, and also your white one with pink decos, are both so lovely. Your glassware collection is just amazing.
The blue and green is a knock-out. I think your mantel looks great withOUT garland. You may start a new trend, LOL. I wish garland came "pre-fluffed".

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   December 15, 2010 at 1:52AM
excessfroufrou

Thanks girls. Luvs, I've had the peacock feathers for years. I had a beauty shop for years and years and a customer with a bird farm. He brought be feathers by the arm loads, at that time we had a Victorian house so I used them everywhere, and still do. Jeanne, that Santa print was done by a local artist here, she does one each year and each one is done of an actual person. The little pix at the bottom are crossstitch ones I did about 25 years ago.
Frou

Bookmark   December 15, 2010 at 5:24PM
More Discussions
Valentine Decor
It was a little crazy decorating this year for Valentine's...
phonegirl
My Christmas
Getting simpler each year!
yachter123
Five Easy Vignette Tips
Link Here is a link that might be useful: Tips
yachter123
Christmas, 2014
Our kitchen
swest2_gw
Trying something, you can help.
Any of you who see my pins on Pinterest know that I...
luvstocraft
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™