Height of sink faucet to backsplash height

rebecca3142August 5, 2014

Talk about minor details! I am ordering my sink faucet for a master bathroom. For my backsplash, I am using the standard 4" countertop material rather than tile. Would it look strange for the sink faucet to be higher than the backsplash? The faucet that I love comes in a short or tall arc. The tall arc looks a little more formal, which I like. But, I don't know about that height issue.

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Babka NorCal 9b

Of course it DOESN'T matter at all. Install the one you want to look at every day. ;-)

-Babka

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 1:11PM
rebecca3142

Ack, so now I am liking the low arch one a little better (so great that I can do a 180 in a span of 10 min). But, I think the high arc one will work better with my tub.

So....new question....can I mix a high arc roman tub with a low arc sink from the same "collection"?

Here they are:

Thanks again!

This post was edited by rebecca3142 on Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 13:58

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 1:43PM
Babka NorCal 9b

They are from the same collection and will be just perfect. Can you visit a showroom and actually get your hands on them? That always seals the deal for me, as photos aren't always what they seem. I cannot tell you how many drawer handle samples I tried before my final decision.

-Babka

Bookmark   August 5, 2014 at 2:26PM
monicakm_gw

What is it you like better about the low arc faucet? Just the looks? I have a 4" tile backsplash and my high arc faucet looks fine (to me). It never occurred to me that it would be a problem. What (I) do find a problem is trying to get my hands and arms or items I'm trying to rinse, under a low faucet. The water stream is generally closer to the back of the inside of the sink. I like that I have a lot of room under my faucet and that it reaches to the middle of the sink.

Here is a link that might be useful: High Arc Sink Faucet

Bookmark   August 6, 2014 at 11:48PM
rebecca3142

Yeah, just the looks for the particular faucet that I like. Thanks for the feedback!

Bookmark   August 7, 2014 at 7:09PM
More Discussions
Tile install question
I've been posting a lot about our upcoming master bath...
numbersjunkie
Quality manufacturer of bathroom fixtures?
We would like to purchase the best quality for a low...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
New Kohler Levity glass shower doors...
Has anyone installed these yet? It's a higher end look...
blondelle
Starting from dirt- literally! A basement bath DIY Adventure pt2
Ok, since Garden Web puts a limit on the length of...
hunzi
Did anyone buy a Venetian dual system tub from Costco?
I just came across this tub, looks good on paper. It...
abekker
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™