Cera Clad siding vs Nichiha

MarvettaJune 21, 2011

I am considering Cera Clad cement siding for my new construction home but also see that many are talking about nichiha. I am more interested in the rain screen having to do with the Cera Clad, as it is almost the same as Nichiha but has a larger "gap" for air circulation behind the cement siding than nichiha. Has anyone heard of cera clad cement siding or have feedback. I am hearing Nichiha is cheaper, but not sure. I also understand 6-8 weeks to get the cera clad from Japan to distributor in oregon / Washington. I should probably mention I am considering the "panels" 18"x10' as I am going for the "contemporary" look.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
renovator8

CeraCcad would be very interesting for use in high rainfall areas like the Pacific Northwest. I would guess the major difference in it and other products is the appearance since Ceraclad does not seem to be an imitative material although some panels appear to have a rusticated look.

I suspect it would be a real challenge for an architect to use it well and in the hands of a builder on a budget it could be awful - just my impression from the website.

Bookmark   June 23, 2011 at 11:17AM
More Discussions
Should I add a window in the dining room?
We are going to have a long narrow dining room, husband...
Bridget Howe
What are you doing for your security system?
I know that's an extra cost, but I was curious as to...
aimless07
What is this style of home called?
Hello folks! I saw this house and am very interested...
jplanger
Inexpensive "build on your lot" builders?
I've been researching local builders online and came...
olivesmom
It's February 2015- How is your build going?
January was a surprisingly active month! I admire all...
mushcreek
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™