Ice Maker IN the door, not just through the door

maggiebkitJuly 28, 2013

Looking for a counter depth fridge that has the ice maker built IN the door and not in the upper left hand corner of the fridge. This way the interior box of the refrigerator is nothing but shelves and the ice maker stays on the door when you open the fridge.
What are my options? And out of those options, which should I choose?
Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

Samsung RSG257AARS

That is the only thing I did not like about this Samsung, that it had the icemaker and ice bucket in the door. For my needs it did not store enough ice.

Other than that, I really liked this fridge. Tops in reliability(although all fridges with ice dispensers have a below average reliability rating) double evaporators, quick freezer option etc etc.

This post was edited by deeageaux on Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 17:25

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 5:21PM
maggiebkit

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I think we want a french door, freezer on the bottom. Any recommendations for that? You seem to know a TON about appliances. Is there a reason to do a side by side instead? We have one now and I find the fridge size really small. Thanks for your opinions!

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 8:20PM
deeageaux

Any appliance engineer worth his salt would put the ice maker in the freezer not the refrigerator. Many people have minor problems with the ice-maker in the refrigerator like item near the icemaker/bin freezing items inside the refrigerator. Reduce the temperature in the refrigerator then the ice starts to melt.

As the fridge gets older and less precise you may find the ice melting and re-freezing into a clump. Then again some people have these for many years without any significant problems.

If really want a CD FD with Ice in door I would get GE Cafe Series CYE23TSDSS, this seems to be the best one.

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 9:34PM
weedmeister

LG I think makes FDs like this.

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 11:28PM
maggiebkit

Thanks Deeageaux and weedmeister!

Bookmark   July 31, 2013 at 3:25PM
More Discussions
gas oven ignitor help
I recently picked up a great amana self clean gas oven,...
billhiggs
Anybody seen/used the new Bosch Benchmark appliances?
I think they are shipping these now. I have largely...
Juno_barks
Seeking Bosch Benchmark Feedback
I know there have been a few posts regarding the new...
nadianyc
Best place to buy appliance parts
I have a GE range (6 yrs of age) for which I need parts....
puzzlefan
2 Weeks With my New ASKO Dishwasher--a review
Since very few people here have ASKO dishwashers or...
needinfo1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™