Unsure about siding - have pics of dark grey?

girlonafarmJune 21, 2010

After a three week wait our siding arrived on Friday. The contractors started putting it up today and it is darker and less blue than I had anticipated. We chose Mastic Deep Granite 4 1/2" Double Lap and the siding is beautiful, I am just a little worried about it making the house look to dark. When choosing colors I used the Mastic design feature on their website and the siding appeared to be more of grey/blue color. The siding does at times have a blue hue, but it is more grey than I had anticipated. Anyone have a dark grey house or have pictures of one? I'd like to just see some pics to at least get an idea of what the finished house will look like. We have a black tin roof and white trim/windows. Has this happened to anyone else? Do I have reason to be worried??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
athensmomof3

I love a dark grey house and if you have bright white trim you should be fine! The black roof is in keeping also so I wouldn't worry :)

Bookmark   June 21, 2010 at 8:42PM
srercrcr

It's a light grey/blueish hue, but it's food for thought. Good luck.

Bookmark   June 23, 2010 at 5:03AM
girlonafarm

srercrcr, is this your house? It's beautiful. I LOVE all the trim around the doors and windows! The grey/white color scheme looks great and our grey is growing on me as well. Thanks for the pic.

Bookmark   June 23, 2010 at 6:05AM
brickton

We're also planning on doing dark gray with white, but we haven't broken ground yet. I have some 3D renderings that we like the look of, so maybe they will help?

I know it's just a rendering and so the color might be off enough to not really be helpful but I figured I'd try.

Bookmark   June 23, 2010 at 10:30AM
girlonafarm

Brickton, that is very similar to the color of our siding and I think it looks great. My reservations are gone about it now and I'm in love with it. I just needed some adjustment time to get my mental picture adjusted to what the real color was going to be.

Thanks for posting the pics of your house. I love the white trim!

Bookmark   June 23, 2010 at 9:58PM
brookelizabeth

You'll find yourself doing this a lot throughout the process! I love the dark grey

Bookmark   June 23, 2010 at 10:14PM
crescent50

Our new house is timberbark hardi-- not grey but definitely a dark color. I was worried too but we have lots of white trim & I think that the contrast looks great.

It is still a work in progress but hopefully you can get an idea of how the finished product may look.

Good Luck in your decision.

Bookmark   June 24, 2010 at 10:03AM
shelly_k

We have the gray shingle/white trim going on as well. These aren't the most current pics, but you can get the idea. Ours looks a little on the blue side, which we didn't want, but it still looks ok to us.

Bookmark   June 25, 2010 at 5:15PM
srercrcr

Very nice indeed.

Bookmark   June 26, 2010 at 6:20AM
rushmom3

One of my favorite houses is maybe more of a navy blue I guess. I'm trying to post the link here. I love the the navy or dark grey color scheme.

Here is a link that might be useful: KyleHuntPartners

Bookmark   June 28, 2010 at 7:21AM
contije

girlonafarm I know this is an older post, but how did your Deep Granite siding house come out? We are torn between Deep Granite and English Wedgewood from Mastic. Do you have a picture you can post of how it came out in Deep Granite??? Thanks!!

Bookmark   April 21, 2012 at 9:13AM
More Discussions
Floorplan review please
I would love to get feedback on this floor plan. The...
boonieshome
help me choose our floors
We have 2 options for our floors - white oak (longer...
3ilovepie
Master Bath revisions
Which revision do you like better? There can only be...
edwardshome
Should I add a window in the dining room?
We are going to have a long narrow dining room, husband...
Bridget Howe
Is the 'remote' home office worth it?
We need an office for DH that is away from the day-to-day...
edwardshome
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™