Restoration Hardware Lighting Look Alikes

murrywoodsAugust 25, 2013

Looking for either SUTTON SINGLE SCONCE or
WILSHIRE SINGLE SCONCE for master bathroom. So far over budget can't afford them from Restoration Hardware. Any suggestions on where to find similar sconces.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beachteach

I Googled "single sconce for bathroom" and came up with the Midtown Single Sconce at House of Antique Hardware - it looks similar and is "only" $69.99. Try Googling and see what you can find - although I know you are probably over searching the web by now!

Here is a link that might be useful: Midtown Single Sconce

Bookmark   August 25, 2013 at 12:36PM
writersblock

Or the Gatco latitude II. This is the amazon link, but I've seen it elsewhere on sale for as little as $35 from time to time.

Here is a link that might be useful: laititude II at amazon

Bookmark   August 25, 2013 at 1:13PM
writersblock

Oh, for the Wilshire, there's this one.

Bookmark   August 25, 2013 at 2:13PM
murrywoods

beachteach, thank you and yes I just need to decide. Thanks, writersblock I think it is going to be Gatco latitude II. I liked the Maxim Rondo, but reviews said lighting was very dim.

Bookmark   August 25, 2013 at 8:20PM
writersblock

>reviews said lighting was very dim.

That is basically the case with anything with a fabric shade. Even if the light fixture can use a higher wattage, the shade forces it down a lot, to avoid the risk of fire.

For chandeliers, for instance, it's normal to have specs allowing something like 60 watts per bulb but only 25 with a shade.

Bookmark   August 25, 2013 at 8:24PM
s8thrd

I have no suggestions but would add that I encourage substituting for Restoration Hardware! We got some bathroom sconces from them a few years ago. The bulbs are an odd type; they tend either to be loose and flicker on and off, or get stuck and break off insiding the housing. Then the specific type and wattage Xenon bulb they specify was discontinued, just a year after we bought the lights! I have been able to subsitute Halogen, but the sconces specifically say not to use Halogen! Ugh! And the bulbs are expenseive, as the sconces were!

Anyway, as a result we have come to regard Restoration Hardware as we had already come to regard Pottery Barn: a very mixed bag of licensed/contracted stuff, and not of the consistent, reliable quality needed to justify the premium prices commanded by the brand name.

Bookmark   August 27, 2013 at 6:02PM
More Discussions
extra tile decisions
It turns out I have more grey crackle tile than I needed...
edwina 1330
Suggestions - Eliminating Jack and Jill Bath in New Construction
Looking for suggestions on eliminating a Jack and Jill...
burbmomoftwo
Ikea Lillangen - can it be used as vessel sink?
Hi, We are redo-ing our children's bathroom & purchased...
homeinprogressFL
need bathroom drain advice
Need advice. I am putting in a built in shower 3ft...
checkman123
Does anyone know where to sell a brand new vanity
looking to sell locally only and tried craigslist this...
matdrew
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™