Xedos & others - Any Idea What This Could Be?
Yesterday we had an electrical storm. They are not uncommon and usually we lose power, the backup generator comes on and when power's restored it turns itself off and the appliances and all come back up.
But yesterday, we lost partial power, only in the kitchen & my home office (former dining room). The backup genny didn't activate at all.
When I investigated there was a sort of burning plastic smell near the oven. The electrician came right over and got everything back up -- except the oven, an 8 y.o. Miele which has never had a single issue.
Electrician says there is power to the oven circuit in the box.
So question is: why didn't the oven go back on?
Miele will send a tech in 2 weeks -- no harm since it's too hot to use the oven anyway. Electrician will be on standby in case it's wiring to the back of the oven that went bad -- but he thinks the oven got fried.
The odd thing is that this oven survived a break in our main power line to the house -- the fridge controller board got fried in that one as did the microwave. But this time the microwave went right back on.
The clock does not light and the oven doesn't operate.
Hoping it can be repaired and a replacement won't be necessary since there isn't really a great solution these days.
Wondering what it might possibly be?