Faux Carrera on floor and in shower, what countertop?

RPK42August 21, 2013

Love the look of all marble bathrooms but I don't have time for the maintenance so we are looking at the faux tiles. We'll be doing dark cherry vanities, faux marble floor and shower. Should I just put plain white quartz on the countertops? Husband thinks if we go with the marble look quartz it will make the tiles stand out as being faux.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jrueter

I would think that you might have trouble getting the faux counter and faux tiles to coordinate - much like faux and real marble. it is hard to say without seeing the tile you are using. A countertop material that is clearly different will probably end up looking better, in my opinion. Either plain white or maybe a dark quartz counter will be lovely. KevinMP did a beautiful bath with marble, dark wood vanity and a dark grey countertop (IIRR his was granite, but you could do quartz instead).

Bookmark   August 23, 2013 at 7:27PM
pps7

We have faux carrera tiles and real carrera countertops. I was worried about this but it really does look fine. Love my carrera countertops!

Bookmark   August 23, 2013 at 9:21PM
pricklypearcactus

Like pps7, I have faux carrera tile and real carrera countertops. I love the combo.

Bookmark   August 23, 2013 at 11:49PM
RPK42

Thank you! I just saw Kevin's bathroom the other day, love that look!

PPS7 and Pricklypearcactus, any trouble with staining on your countertops? I put my makeup on at the sink so I'm worried about powder, blush dust making a mess.

Right now I'll either do real marble on counters with gray tile floor or faux marble floor and real marble counters

Thanks again!!!!

Bookmark   August 25, 2013 at 9:24PM
pricklypearcactus

I haven't had a single stain, but my sink is not heavily used. Eventually I plan to put carrera marble in the master bath as well, but for now the sink with marble is really only used for washing hands and hand washing delicate laundry.

Bookmark   August 26, 2013 at 9:56AM
RPK42

Just to follow up went to the Tile Shop this weekend for their big laborday sale and fell in love with a display they had. It was basket weave marble tile on the floor, subway marble on the shower walls and a greek key trim in black going around it, gorg! Sadly we can't afford all real marble so we'll do faux tiles in the shower and since it's in a separate room anyway, we are the only ones who will see it. I have found one marble remnant slab for my vanity and just need another one for my husbands which is smaller so should be easier to find a remnant, right? I will attempt to post pics when this is all done around November. Thanks again for all of the good advice, jrueter, PPS7 and Pricklypearcactus!!

Bookmark   September 2, 2013 at 8:55PM
More Discussions
What do you think about jets and rain shower?
Any body going with or have them already in their shower? DH...
houserookie
shower pan worries. Is any of his method correct?
Unsure about my plumber's method. Could I get some...
mmaggied
Does anyone have their light switch NOT by the BR door?
Our new bathroom will be 5' deep by 11' long. There...
southofsa
Need advice on best mirror/sconce option in small master bath
My husband and I are FINALLY renovating our master...
cbusgirl41
The towel ring and the towel bar
The last bit for my bathroom arrived today, a hand...
Linelle
Sponsored Products
36" Mission Hardwood Vanity for Semi-Recessed Sink
Signature Hardware
Madison Three-Light Satin Nickel Bath Fixture
$127.00 | Bellacor
Pale Pink & Green Faux-Floral Arrangement - PINK/GREEN
$295.00 | Horchow
Sure Fit Suede Supreme Washable Loveseat Slipcover
Overstock.com
Kyoto Throw Pillow
Grandin Road