Is it easy to change out a showerhead

5yearslaterAugust 3, 2012

I'm on design overload and need to choose a showerhead. Can I choose a solid but inexpensive head now (for example a speakman)and if I am unhappy or for whatever reason want to switch it out for a different one at a later date (for example, an expensive rohl), is it easy as unscrewing one and screwing in the other?

Can the shower arm stay the same? Would that need to change? In all cases I know I would need to be sure the finish was similar enough not to look strange, but I am wondering here about the difficulty of the mecahnics of making a switch at a later time.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
devorah

It only took my husband a few minutes

Bookmark   August 3, 2012 at 1:08PM
desertsteph

it's very easy. check it out on youtube. you'll need a wrench and some teflon tape - plus the new shower head. when tightening the new one wrap a rag around it so it doesn't get scratched by the wrench.

In my old place the shower head needed changed out about once a yr so I just bought one for under 10.00 at W. I need one in my new (old) hall bath because it doesn't even have one. I plan to get another cheapie for there because I doubt it'll ever be used.

Bookmark   August 4, 2012 at 3:39PM
5yearslater

I've seen the videos. So it doesn't matter what type of showerhead? You can go from low end to high end and back just with the wrench and tape? If that's so, I'm buying the cheapie first, then if I don't like it, I can just change it!

Thanks

Bookmark   August 6, 2012 at 12:25AM
Fori is not pleased

Yup!

Bookmark   August 6, 2012 at 10:21PM
More Discussions
No door to bathroom
We are picking our interior doors out tomorrow. I like...
holcombe3
Master bath remodel - faucet help
I'm trying to decide between a few faucets for my sinks...
melissapta
What is the strongest, best bathroom fan on the market?
We've had mildew in our old bathroom, despite having...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Tile install question
I've been posting a lot about our upcoming master bath...
numbersjunkie
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
janelor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™