What cleaner to use on glass/tile/acrylic base shower

L AAugust 14, 2014

I have a walkin shower that has glass doors, tile on wall and acrylic base. Every cleaner I pick up seems to say Do Not Use on acyrlyic. I dont know what I can use to clean the shower that I wont have to use different cleaners for different spots in the shower. Any recommedations?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
monicakm_gw

I can answer that :) I have a Bain Ultra acrylic air-jetted tub. They said to use cleaners that aren't abrasive. Well that's much easier said than done as you've found out. So the only thing I could use was "Gel Gloss". I find it at Lowes and it's awesome stuff and keeps your tub cleaner longer. Problem is (for me) all the steps. You spray it on, let it sit, wipe clean and then buff to a shine with a clean cloth. No water needed. It's an ordeal. If you don't have back problems it might be a piece of cake (g) I've been just using a soapy wash cloth and occasionally , Scrubbing Bubbles :o Can't help it. That stuff is amazing! But I gotta stop it. So earlier this week I called Bain Ultra and told them that I can't find the word "nonabrasive" and " safe for acrylic". They finally acknowledged that the labels don't always say it's safe so she gave me a list of some safe products:
Fantasic
Oxy Power
Windex
Soft Scrub Lemon (and she accentuated LEMON)
Mr Clean All Purpose
Lysol Disenfect

Hope this helps :)
Monica

Bookmark   August 14, 2014 at 6:50PM
zackey

I always used white vinegar and water when I cleaned for a living.

Bookmark   August 14, 2014 at 6:53PM
monicakm_gw

I asked Bain Ultra about white vinegar. Someone had suggested water/white vinegar and a teaspoon of dish washing detergent. They said that was fine. I wasn't impressed with the results on my acrylic tub.

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 12:51AM
More Discussions
need bathroom drain advice
Need advice. I am putting in a built in shower 3ft...
checkman123
Bertch 60" single bowl vanity for hall bath
I would appreciate some advice and insight on my dilemma....
Sofia Akhter
Experience with Enduroshield
Anybody have specific experience or feedback on the...
gardnr
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™